Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,137   Posts: 1,637,420   Online: 951

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 35mm enlarger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

35mm enlarger

What are the choices (other than Focomat) for compact, high quality enlarger for 35mm only? One that parts are readily available for. I have Beseler 23CII XL now. I'm trying to downsize.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Durst M301 with a CLS 35 color head?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry M View Post
    ... One that parts are readily available for. ...
    Omega B22

Shooter
    Multi Format
    but why not get a Focomat? Autofocus, can use any enlarging lens, supreme quality, user-friendly so much that you will fall in love, and now they can be had for cheap. The autofocus feature is supremely wonderful to use. Find one without the lens, send me an email, I have a spare.

How cheap? Check Craigslist -- I found a complete enlarger with lens at a thrift store for $35...Parts? You won't need parts -- these never wear out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    but why not get a Focomat? Autofocus, can use any enlarging lens, supreme quality, user-friendly so much that you will fall in love, and now they can be had for cheap. The autofocus feature is supremely wonderful to use. Find one without the lens, send me an email, I have a spare.

How cheap? Check Craigslist -- I found a complete enlarger with lens at a thrift store for $35...Parts? You won't need parts -- these never wear out.
    Price, not quality, was what scared me away. I'll keep watching. Which model??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    Durst M301 with a CLS 35 color head?
    High quality construction? Parts available?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Omega B22
    Will consider that. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What's your definition of "compact"? It sounds like a silly question but it is relevant. For example, the B22 is just as tall as a 23c and the baseboard might be about the same size. But for taking apart and storing, it's a lot smaller.

The Dursts do seem to be the most compact for their format.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    What's your definition of "compact"? It sounds like a silly question but it is relevant. For example, the B22 is just as tall as a 23c and the baseboard might be about the same size. But for taking apart and storing, it's a lot smaller.

The Dursts do seem to be the most compact for their format.
    Compact: I was referring (mostly) to packing for storage between use. I don't have a dedicated darkroom. If it would enlarge to 11"X14", that would be OK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The extension on a B22 is, I believe, much taller than a Durst. But the Durst more compact for storage. You might need a 40mm lens to reach 11x14 with the Durst. As I recall, the head on a Durst lifts right off the tubular upright.

I can't comment on the light quality between the 2, but I think the Durst would be easier to store.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin