Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,927   Posts: 1,556,818   Online: 842

Shooter
    Medium Format

Gnome Enlarger - Medium Format Condenser

Hello. First time post.

I used to have my own darkroom as a teenager in the '70's. There followed a long period in the photographic wilderness and I have recently been enjoying digital for a few years. I have in mind to buy a second hand medium format camera and start experimenting with monochrome landscapes.

I still have most of my darkroom kit, including a Gnome Rangefinder 66 enlarger. the 35mm condenser is intact, but I dont have one for medium format (I have the holder but not the lenses).

Does anyone know a source of these? Does it have to be a dedicated Gnome product, or are these items universal? I think Gnome went out of business some years ago.

(TBH, my main aim is to get to the negative stage and then scan into digital, but it would be nice to haul the old enlarger out again.)

Any advice appreciated!

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Mark and welcome to APUG. You may be able to fit something from another brand. If so, maybe take a few measurements and post the info. Then again, maybe someone will have the exact same brand item available. Good Luck.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also, do you have a larger lens, 75 to 100mm?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the advice. Will post dimensions when I go back up to the attic to have a look

Hadn't thought about the lens TBH. I think mine is 40-odd mm, which I guess is good for 35mm but not MF?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin