Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,254   Online: 960

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Thanks to X-rite

I just bought an X-rite 810 densitometer off ebay, and it arrived as described and pictured, but it was missing the large button on top for taking readings. I knew this when I bought it, so I am not upset with the seller in any way, but I thought I might see how much a replacement would be from the manufacturer. I filled out an electronic form off their website asking about it and I got a reply in a couple hours. It wasn't an estimate or price sent from a sales rep, it was a receipt for a replacement shipped at no charge. Now that is customer service, especially for a discontinued product!
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yea X-Rite.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    I just bought an X-rite 810 densitometer off ebay, and it arrived as described and pictured, but it was missing the large button on top for taking readings. I knew this when I bought it, so I am not upset with the seller in any way, but I thought I might see how much a replacement would be from the manufacturer. I filled out an electronic form off their website asking about it and I got a reply in a couple hours. It wasn't an estimate or price sent from a sales rep, it was a receipt for a replacement shipped at no charge. Now that is customer service, especially for a discontinued product!
    very good!i had less luck when asking for a calibration of a used sensitometer.they sked for $400,which was twice the e-bay price!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Which online form did you use? I have had very little success getting spare parts for my 810. I had to get the bulbs from a 3rd partyas they charged an arm and a leg for them if I remember rightly.
    The red transmission channel in my densitometer is intermittently faulty, the 3 colour channels are combined also in visual mode for B&W negs.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    This is the site with replacement bulbs and calibration plaques:

http://www.xrite.com/product_overvie...on=Accessories

and this is the contact form I used:

http://www.xrite.com/contact_us.aspx?reasonid=3
    www.gregorytdavis.com

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    I just bought an X-rite 810 densitometer off ebay...
    Does this densitometer do both color and B&W or is it color only? When I read the instructions, it talks about color only, there is no mention of B&W. Does anyone know? Thanks.
    --Mario

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It does both colour and B&W. In B&W mode (Visual Mode ?) the 3 colour channels are averaged/combined together.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    What he said. I use it for color, but it does b+w equally well. The calibration film is b+w.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin