Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,351   Online: 821

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When you press the start or focus buttons on your timer, do you hear a click from the enlarger power supply? If so, that would be a relay. I can't find any specific information about the Digitim 1000 but from pictures it doesn't look like the sort of device that would handle high powers.

Does the power supply have its own mains power cable or does it connect only to the timer?
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I found electric circuit diagram of the Durst CLS 1000 (see attachment). There's a relay in the head who switch the shutter. The lamp lights up immediately after the shutter opening. I look in greater detail the connections later and I post again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails durst138sch.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Charvet View Post
    I found electric circuit diagram of the Durst CLS 1000 (see attachment). There's a relay in the head who switch the shutter. The lamp lights up immediately after the shutter opening. I look in greater detail the connections later and I post again.
    You need to find a schematic for the transformer/power supply rather than the head. The head on my enlarger is connected to the power supply via a cable with something which resembles a centronics style connector. In addition the power supply has connections for "Timer 220V", "Timer 110V", "Timer Input" and "Mains". The power from the house connects to the "Mains" connector. The power supply for the timer is connected to either "Timer 220V" or "Timer 110V" depending on your line voltage. The output from the timer is then connected to "Timer Input" which is used as the relay/switch, rather than directly powering the enlarger. I would be extremely surprised if the transformer/power supply for a 138 doesn't have something similar given mine is only 250W.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Charvet View Post
    That is the schematic for the head.

I don't have the EST1000 schematic, but I do have the EST2000 schematic. In the EST2000 the "timer input" triggers an opto-electric switch. So your timer input voltage won't fry the rest of the electronics. The timer input does NOT power the enlarger lamp, like most other types of power supplies. The "timer input" voltage only turns on a LED in the opto-electric relay.

I don't recall the exact input specs on the unit. Don't quote me but I recall something like 90V to 250V are acceptable trigger voltages. Check on you EST1000, I think the "timer input" has the specs labeled on it.

Last edited by ic-racer; 02-29-2012 at 06:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks at all.

I'll check the connections and the specs on my EST1000, but I think you're right. I'll post the results after .

I have a Durst 138 and the cls 1000 head. I can confirm it has a special connection for timer. I use it with RH Designs Stop Clock.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
    I have a Durst 138 and the cls 1000 head. I can confirm it has a special connection for timer. I use it with RH Designs Stop Clock.
    Hello Mikael,

Thank you for this precious information.

On my side, I have disassembled the power supply earlier. The Digitimer controls a relay into the power supply. Therefore, I think the power output of the timer is not high.

I checked it with my LPL-ET500 timer whose maximum capacity is 500 watts. Enlarger works well and the timer has not roasted !

But Mikael has already confirmed that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Mikael, I'll file that away in our "known to work with" box .
    Regards,
    Richard.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'd like to know if the Analyser Pro can also be used with that enlarger (138/CLS1000).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, Sandra - the Analyser Pro and StopClock have identical switching systems.
    Regards,
    Richard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin