Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,355   Online: 940

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Durst 138s CLS 1000 and RH Designs Stop Clock

Hello,

I have a Durst 138 with CLS 1000 head. I bought yesterday a Zone Master II and probably it can not be connected with the Durst Digitim S 1000 timer. So, i'm looking for a RH Design Stop Clock. Unfortunately, I think Durst CLS 1000 has a power rating (1000w, 110V) too high to be supported by Stop Clock.

Does anyone know if it's possible to connect Zone Master II with the Durst timer, or RH Design Stop Clock with Durst 138 and CLS 1000?

Thanks in advance.

(Excuse my mistakes in English, it's a long time that I left school... )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Marc and welcome to APUG. You could hook up a relay to keep the current from frying the timer.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My L1000 with the CLS450 head and the TRA450 transformer has a special low current timer socket. This gets used to switch the enlarger lamp on/off but most of the current goes through a separate circuit (ie there are two mains power inputs to the transformer). Check to see if you have something like this and if so you can use the lower current rated timers.

Roger.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for your replies.

Hello fotch, have you an idea what kind of relay to use ?

Hello Roger, I must carefully study your suggestion. Also, anyone have electric circuit diagram of the Durst Digitim to study more precisely the connection possibilities ?

Thanks at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Charvet View Post
    Thanks for your replies.

Hello fotch, have you an idea what kind of relay to use ?

...................Thanks at all.
    OK, I would use a relay with a coil voltage that the Stop Clock outlet puts out. This would be line voltage. For example, in the USA, this would be 110 volts. In choosing the relay, I would also specify the relay contacts can handle the amperage or current needed. The 1000 watts would need around 10 amps but I would pick a relay that could handle 20 amps. The different cost would be minimal.

I would also want the relay to be a double pole so it could also handle 220 volts, even if not presently needed. This would also be little extra cost. So, when the Stop Clock sends voltage to energize the lamp, instead, it energizes the relay. When said relay is energized, the relay contacts allow the 1000 watt to go the enlarger.

If not familiar in basic electricity then contact an electrician. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by fotch; 02-29-2012 at 03:36 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    OK, I would use a relay with a coil voltage that the Stop Clock outlet puts out. This would be line voltage. For example, in the USA, this would be 110 volts. In choosing the relay, I would also specify the relay contacts can handle the amperage or current needed. The 1000 watts would need around 10 amps but I would pick a relay that could handle 20 amps. The different cost would be minimal.

I would also want the relay to be a double pole so it could also handle 220 volts, even if not presently needed. This would also be little extra cost. So, when the Stop Clock sends voltage to energize the lamp, instead, it energizes the relay. When said relay is energized, the relay contacts allow the 1000 watt to go the enlarger.

If not familiar in basic electricity then contact an electrician. Hope this helps.
    Thank you very much, It is very clear !

By searching in my memory, by memories of old lessons electricity, I should be able to get there.

As soon as I receive my ZoneMaster, I study the question. If I succeed in realize the connection with Digitim timer, I'll give here details to who might be interested to do it.

And thank you again fotch !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Try contacting RH designs for an answer, I have always found Dr Ross, the owner of RH designs, to be extremly helpful, just Email them and you will get all the help possible, and that from the designers/makers of the equipment,always go the source as a mistake could get expensive
    Richard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello Richard,

I’m already in relationship with Mr. Ross of RH Designs who have already given me many explanations. He thinks it is not possible because ZoneMaster only interfaces to their own StopClock. Unfortunately, I think Durst CLS 1000 has a power rating (1000w, 110V) too high to be supported by their Stop Clock. When I wrote him, he suggested I ask the question on APUG for a possible solution.

Quote Originally Posted by R.Gould View Post
    ...,always go the source as a mistake could get expensive
    You're absolutely right ! That's why I will study very precisely the question before doing something. So, if anyone have electric circuit diagram of the Durst Digitim, i am very interested.

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The ZoneMaster II will only connect to our StopClock timers but you can use it as a stand alone meter with any timer.

I'm fairly certain the high power Durst enlargers do have relays built in so that the timer doesn't need to handle the high currents in the lamp circuit, but we were hoping someone here would have the definitive answer!
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RH Designs View Post
    I'm fairly certain the high power Durst enlargers do have relays built in so that the timer doesn't need to handle the high currents in the lamp circuit
    If this is accurate, do you think your StopClock could then be connected to durst CLS 1000 ? I'll try to measure the intensity at the output of Digitim.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin