Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,636   Online: 857

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Anyone use a JOBO 3025 expert drum for 8x10 film?

I've been considering a Jobo 3005 drum to process 8x10 color film. I can't seem to find one under about $600. I've just come across a jobo 3025 drum for 8x10 film that I didn't know existed. It seems to have been discontinued a long time ago, and holds the sheets on the inside perimeter of the drum in a way very similar to how Jobo print drums hold the paper. This of course is very different to how more current Jobo expert film drums hold the film.

Does anyone have experience with this 3025 drum? It could save me a lot of money

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think they are print drums but can be used for film. I have one like that - forget the model but it's something like 3024 or 3025. I roll it in the sink and it works very well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is a film drum, long discontinued, less expensive that the later version, on ebay. Should be ok.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    The 3025 Expert drum only develops 2 8x10 films at once whereas the 3005 develops 5. If you can live with this limitation, then the 3025 should be fine for you. It also explains why the 3025 is cheaper.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks. In fact I was curious as to how it is different from an expert print drum like the 3062 or 3063 which I have. I thought it may be designed differently to allow more chemistry to contact the back of the film. Although the expert print drums also have ridges that allow some chemistry to reach the back of the paper. I just havn't seen how the 3025 is designed on the inside. I'm wondering if I can use the expert print drums instead. It's just that at $15 a sheet of portra 8x10 I'm not in the mood of experimenting at this point....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The 3025 has special film holders inside, these are real slide in slips, along the inside, and are exactly spaced for 2 sheets of 8X10 plus there is room for 2 control strips of 35mm film.
    The holders are much heavier duty then the print ridges.
    Basically other then these holding strips inside it is the the same as the 3063 or any other jobo print drum.
    You can also load 2 sheets of 8X10 in the 2830, which is by far cheaper then a 3025...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by krifartida View Post
    You can also load 2 sheets of 8X10 in the 2830, which is by far cheaper then a 3025...
    Yes.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    OK, now I'm beginning to see the picture. So the inside ridges of the 3025 are secifically designed to accept and hold 8x10 inch film. This seems like an advantage. The space for a control strip is also a big advantage for me as I always run a control strip before processing any film. I thought this was a weakness of the 3010 tank for 4x5 sheet film. I had to tape the control strip to the inside of one of the film silos.

A thought. My print drums came along with 2 different varieties of clips. I never used them. I attached a picture of the clips and another of the clips installed in the 3062 expert print drum just for demonstration. I assumed these ar for help in positioning the paper in the dark, although the function of the one with a triangular shape has always excaped me. I'm now wondering if the circular clip could serve a similar function for film??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clips1.jpg   clips2.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I process 8x10 film in a 2530 print drum and I use the round clip to keep the film from coming loose in the drum. I did a test sheet to see if there were any marks on the film from the clip and I haven't found any, so I use it all the time now.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks Greg. Have you tied both B&W as well as C41?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin