Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,153   Online: 790

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Wratten #3 safelight filter....

I read the article Michael A. Smith has on his website about developement by inspection months ago and have been wanting to try this method of developement to see if iy fits me and my process.
    I've spent the last hour looking for somewhere to purchase a safelight and a wratten #3 safelight filter (dark green) and cant for the liffe of me find one. perhaps Im missing something but I couldnt find it at any online photostores and even google didnt really heed much help..... so I thought I would throw it out here....

thanks in advance (for the umpteenth time)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If you go to the Vintage section of ebay and look for a Brownie safelight you should be able to score one for next to nothing. It won't be a 5x7 filter, it'll be a green plastic dome with a light socket. Not all that sexy but I've got the #3 filter and the Brownie dome and the latter is the one that sees use.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo

DAMN.
    were you the winner?

Ill have to scour ebay now..... thanks for the suggestion.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Nope wasn't me. I forgot to bid.

The DBI developing method is great if you're lazy like me and don't take notes on your exposures. Well, that is for all except the extreme expand or contract.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    couldnt agree more. I take notes but am notorious for forgetting to reference them.
    seems like inspection would just be that much easier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keep looking, These come up relatively often. If you know of an old photo shop near you take a look at their old stuff. Photo swap meets are also good.
    Or, you can order one new from Kodak, they still have them last time I checked. (a few months ago)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

wratten #3

scootermm-I'm going to a photo swap today; these little lites are usually hanging around and if I see one I'll get it for you. Just a note; I'm using a dark BROWN filter for DBI that I picked up at B+H years ago-works just fine but haven't any idea what # wratten it is. Check this thread later today as I won't get back till the PM
    Regards Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

safelite

Found two nice ones at a photo swap this morning-one goes to scootermm if he wants it. 5.5inch glass-someone else needs one just PM me andthey can have it for my cost ($5) plus the shipping

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    thanks again so much peter.

I have a 5.5 inch darkroom light waiting for it. ordered an on/off footswitch today as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin