Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,818   Online: 696

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Jobo ATL-3 construction?

Now I've gone and done it: bought an ATL-3 a few hours away. A friend who lives closer is going to retrieve it for me, then I can pick it up from him whenever I'm over that way next.

My question is: does the main unit just lift off of the base (where all the jugs go)? Or does it come apart with tools? Or does it not come apart at all?

Trying to help him figure out the best way to load and transport it. Obviously two pieces is going to be way easier.

Thanks,
    Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Nobody out there with an ATL-3? As near as I can tell, an ATL-3000 has the same construction, so an answer from an ATL-3000 owner would work too...

Thanks,
    Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello,

The main unit can be lifted from the base, but don't know how it is fixed to it, may it's only stacked up.

A friend of mine has an ATL-3000, and he don't use the base at all, his main unit is put on two "Workmate" style portable workbench, for leveling purpose, I presume. The receiving jugs are just put on the ground under.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Raphaël

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OK, we now have the answer: an ATL-3 top part can NOT be easily removed from its base part. A bunch of screws hold all the pieces together, and a couple of them are hidden behind the main guts of the mechanism. And when the friend who is picking it up for you can't fit it into his Ford Escape that way and pulls some of the panels off anyway (tearing out the hidden screws) you thank him anyway, because after that it DID fit in his Ford Escape, and he drove it 5 hours over here and heck I can always fix the screw holes! And it came with all kinds of goodies including a 3010 tank, which is worth more than I paid for the whole mess in the first place!

Duncan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin