Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,145   Online: 834

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tried to leave the shutters on B when its not going to be used for a while, I believe its a good thing for a lot of mechanical cameras.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    We have argued this point before...
    Agreed. We've argued this, and many other, points before... and likely will again in the future. It is always interesting how great are the diversity of opinion and experience. At time I feel like responding, "It also helps to twirl on your tippy-toes three times in a clock-wise direction whilst wearing a pink tu-tu."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    At time I feel like responding, "It also helps to twirl on your tippy-toes three times in a clock-wise direction whilst wearing a pink tu-tu."
    Anti-clockwise, surely?

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I twirl corrected!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I read the manual on my Leica and if I remember correctly it said that I should fire through all shutter speeds once every three months if I didn't use the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is always interesting how great are the diversity of opinion and experience.
    Unfortunately, experience is often misinterpreted and/or poorly observed. The facts stand on their own. Trouble is, many do not distinguish between facts and opinions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agreed. We've argued this, and many other, points before... and likely will again in the future. It is always interesting how great are the diversity of opinion and experience. At time I feel like responding, "It also helps to twirl on your tippy-toes three times in a clock-wise direction whilst wearing a pink tu-tu."
    It also helps to mutter "ut tensio, sic vis" under your breath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Unfortunately, experience is often misinterpreted and/or poorly observed. The facts stand on their own. Trouble is, many do not distinguish between facts and opinions.
    Yes, of course... we agree quite vehemently.

With regard to shutter excercise the discussion is frequently muddled because some people (both question askers and question answerers) mistakenly believe that they have proven experience making an unreliable or inaccurate shutter both reliable and accurate by excercising it. Can't be done.

But to re-answer the original question... I don't "excercise" my shutters on a periodic basis but know doing that surely can't hurt anything at all. In fact, it might have a beneficial side-effect: one can determine if the shutter needs servicing PRIOR to putting it into sevice where failure is undesired.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, that really helps me "snap back" into reality!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I should get "Hooke'd" on doing that prior to using any shutter!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin