Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,338   Online: 886

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    someone told me toooo many years ago that it was common for people who spent a lot of time in commercial darkrooms wore silk to reduce dust. Is this true? beats me, but it makes an interesting story, but doesn't top "naked".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann
    someone told me toooo many years ago that it was common for people who spent a lot of time in commercial darkrooms wore silk to reduce dust. Is this true? beats me, but it makes an interesting story, but doesn't top "naked".
    Maybe I should get one of those Speedo bodysuits like the swimmer Ian Thorpe wears? Better yet, I can start manufacturing darkroom body suits!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Something like this, Sean?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroomsuit.jpg  
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in the process of constructing my room right now. Aside from all of the little holes that have to be plugged to make it light tight, the most challenging part to the whole project is that the dryer vent pipe comes right throught the room from the upstairs laundry room. I also have exposed fiberglass insulation directly overhead (the room is in the basement).

I'm seeing it as half of an opportunity though...I'm going to work on installing a baffle and using the same vent pipe to vent the darkroom. I think it will work, in theory. The making it reality is proving to be a challenge.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I do not have a dedicated darkroom and I do not have an air filter/purifier/etc. I do not have any dust problems with nearly 300 8x10 negatives. My way of working is simply to be careful without obsessing over it too much. I had more dust problems when I was living in London and had all the bells and whistles for preventing dust. It seems that the more I obsessed over it the more dust I got. The only concession I have today is an anti-static brush.
    Francesco

Images
    Its not dust bud, its acute darkroom anxiety. Get in there a make a print!
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Guess I take the same approach as others have mentioned and don't really think about it. Between the sink and trying to not distrub any dust not really problem. Do use a static brush, but that is about it....now I hope that posting this does not raise the dust ... but the computer is on the other side of the house from the darkroom..don't want to get my digital to close to the analog...can't have any cat fights breaking out.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hey bmac...the acronym for that would be ADA!
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    Its not dust bud, its acute darkroom anxiety. Get in there a make a print!
    I think your right. If they don't turn out I will just invent a new alt. proc. and call them "Dustypes"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    I think your right. If they don't turn out I will just invent a new alt. proc. and call them "Dustypes"
    Somehow that doesn't quite have the right ring. If you follow the old tradition of using Ancient Greek for tehnical terms (e.g. photograph = light drawing), you would get Tephratype, how about that?

David.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin