Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,902   Posts: 1,555,827   Online: 778

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David - thanks so much. You've given me not only a whole new basis for an improved marketing campaign, but also real hope in life.

Gnothe Kopros!
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sean,
    With regards to your darkroom, if the walls are not painted I would do so with a painting primer called Kilz. This will be enough to keep the dust down. No carpet in the room and no animals either.

lee\c

Images
    Sean, I've worked in and around clean rooms for years. They have a few tricks that you can use and some you can't. In a class 10,000 clean room (the number is so many particles of dirt a certain size in a cubic meter?), which is good for satellite assembly and the like, it is not that clean. These are huge rooms. People wear tyvek suits and booties and hair covers. Sometimes you vacuum your clothes. No paper. This is something you can do is to reduce paper. As cheap paper gets old it sheds. Those old boxes and such...get rid of them. All equipment going in is cleaned by wiping down and vacuuming. Air handlers have good filters on them. Floors and walls are washable. I've never done the flashlight test in one.

In cleaner clean rooms, such as class 1000 or 100, the air handling gets better. Full bunny suits for people. No perfumes. Air is changed every few minutes. I think some of these have grates instead of floors. And it is only really clean at the work surface level.

In my darkroom, I don't have any great air handling. Everything is washable and gets a wipe every few months. I try to reduce the junk that is in there. When I dry film, I leave the room so the dirt isn't stirred up. And no flashlights.

A photo teacher told me that he always closed his eyes when he was loading film --- so he didn't see the light leaking under the door. It's like that.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Developing/printing in the nude. Hmmm...sounds like a good poll question.
    David Savkovic

My home page

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin