Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,709   Posts: 1,548,618   Online: 1153

Shooter
    35mm

Phototherm Sidekick film processor

Does anybody have any experience with these? Pros/cons? Our Wing Lynch processor is pretty much dead and we (East Los Angeles College Photo Department) need to replace it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got one. Superb machine, fantastic support. No complaints from me. PM me if you have specific questions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had the older version of the SK8 and it was pretty much bullet proof. Very consistent temperature and agitation control. I dealt with the manufacturer in New Jersey a couple of times and found them very helpful. I developed E6, C41 and Tmax films with it. I sold mine a few years ago but if I ever see one going cheap I'll buy it!
    Last edited by BainDarret; 03-08-2012 at 07:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good machine. Good company. Relatively easy to use.

Has some degree of user-programability... mostly to vary the processing time. The extent of programability depends on the model. It can do most processes, but not Kodachrome, as if that mattered any more. If you want a custom program you can have the company burn a new controller chip for you for a small fee.

You can't vary the temperature unless you burn a new chip. You can't run the processing temperature at below room temperature.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanx for the replies! I'll pass this on to my boss and see if he wants to replace our old and dying Wing Lynch with one of these. If anybody else has one please let me know what you think and if you're in the L.A. area; would it be possible to see one in action.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd bet that if you contacted Phototherm, they'd be glad to refer a prospective customer to someone local in LA area.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Durazo View Post
    Thanx for the replies! I'll pass this on to my boss and see if he wants to replace our old and dying Wing Lynch with one of these. If anybody else has one please let me know what you think and if you're in the L.A. area; would it be possible to see one in action.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin