Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,947   Online: 863

Thread: VCCE enlarger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

VCCE enlarger

(I'm very new at this) Does someone feel like giving me a quick explanation of the advantages or differences with a VCCE enlarger head? I have just been given a Saunders/LPL 6700 VCCE enlarger and I don't know what the grading means. In my local darkroom class, using out Beseler 23s, this was not discussed.

Thanks!

Can't tell you much, but to get you started, VCCE stands for "variable contrast, constant exposure". it uses the magenta and yellow filters in concert to let you raise and lower the contrast grade on variable contrast paper without adjusting exposure. I've never used or seen one. I'm sure someone will be able to give you more information.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

VCCE ENLARGER

If you PM me your address I will photocopy an article from Photo-techniques mag on how to calibrate your vcce enlarger for vc papers
    Regards Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Done. Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin