Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,771   Online: 1034

Shooter
    Multi Format

Problem with JoBo tank and developer

I am using rollo pyro with Ilford HP5 in a Jobo tank on a unicolor roller. I am processing 2 rolls at one time of 120. I have attached a scan of what is happening to the first frame or so of each roll. Yesterday I filled the tank while it was rotating (just as I do with my expert drums) and I had this problem with both rolls of film. Today I filled the tank while it was upright and off the roller base and I had the same problem.
    Prior to using the unicolor roller I had hand rolled the tank back and forth in the darkroom sink but I was getting (sometimes) a spiral pattern in skies.
    Any help is appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails developer001.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Tori,

You don't say what combination of tank and reels you are using, but assuming it is a 255X tank you have 2501 reels, you will need significantly more chemical volume than with the 2502 reels. According to the chart on my tank, you will need 1250ml for the 2501 reels and 730ml for the 2502 reels.

Good luck,

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Neal,

Thanks for the response. I'm actually using two 1566 reels (SS made for Jobo tanks) in a combination 1510 and 1530 tank, but I think you may be right about needing to use more chemical volume. I was not adding together the amounts required for each of the tanks, thus shorting the liquid by 120ml. That could be enough to be causing the problem and I will test your theory this afternoon. Thank you!

Best,
    Tori

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I agree with Neal. More chemical and maybe slow the agitation. Let us know. Photocyan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin