Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,544   Online: 1018

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We have enlargers here in Lafayette IN Bessler Omega..
    e-mail me and if you come to indiana I'll take a case of yuinglings.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, I picked up a freebie. Beseler 23c. Previous owner said it was never used. It does look in new condition despite its age. I'll post a picture later tonight. It came with the original 50mm Beseler lens and a EL Nikkor 50mm. The gentleman also added a Cannon FTb with a Canon 50mm f1.8. The only issue I saw with the enlarger is the bellows needs to be reglued where it attaches near the head. No tears, no holes, just looks like the adhesive let loose. It has what looks like a 35mm slide carrier. I'll do some research on it. Now I need to find the rest of the darkroom stuff.
    Last edited by micwag2; 03-19-2012 at 05:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    We have enlargers here in Lafayette IN Bessler Omega..
    e-mail me and if you come to indiana I'll take a case of yuinglings.
    I'd love to take you up on that, Yuengling would be ok but I'll find it difficult to strap an enlarger on the back of my motorcycle.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    And here it is.......

Beseler 23C by jmsnoopy650, on Flickr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good choice, micwag. That's a classic 23C.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkasha View Post
    Good choice, micwag. That's a classic 23C.
    Easy choice, it was free. When you say classic, how old might it be?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats on the new toy(s). That monster will do all you want and then some. You can reglue the bellows with Pliobond, factory recommends it, I've done it and if you prep correctly it lasts for 20+ years.The El-Nikor lense is super for 35mm, you are going to need a 75mm or 80mm lens for 6x6 negatives, and of course the correct negative carrier. Good luck and have fun printing.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by micwag2 View Post
    When you say classic, how old might it be?
    I'm going to guess about the same vintage as the wood paneling behind it .

They looked like that (primarily the blue colour) in the early1970s.

Here is a bit of a history which appears to be quite decent: http://www.oresteen.com/bess23c.htm
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This site provides a potted history of the 23C. Judging by the color, yours was produced from the mid '60s to the mid '70s.

http://www.oresteen.com/bess23c.htm

BTW, someone is selling a very nice Dichro head on eBay for about $100. No relation to the seller.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Since you're in the USA a Beseler 23c or Beseler 67 is common and inexpensive. If enlarging to 6x7 recommend a LPL with dichro head for B&W & color. If your enlarging need is up to 6x9, the B-23 is the way to go.

Rethink processing color if your just getting into DR work. I love B&W which is cheaper/easier to process. Moving to color you add the expense of color drums (JOBO) and nasty chems.
    RJ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin