Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,372   Online: 1057

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkasha View Post
    Micwag, this might be of interest to you - again, no relation to seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BESELER-DGA-...item1e6cc2baed
    Yes! That's it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hope you land it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, the power supply is on its way. Got the Pliobond and decided to glue the bellows that was coming off. Not a big deal. But I did learn however to not use that stuff in the house because my wife didn't appreciate the smell. I also noticed that the Nikon 50mm enlarger lens has one spec inside it. How critical will this be? I'm not afraid to open the lens to clean it but I'm not going to mess with it if it won't be an issue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You got a great deal on the power supply. Taking the lens apart to clean the inner element surfaces isn't a big deal, just don't mess with the blades.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    You got a great deal on the power supply. Taking the lens apart to clean the inner element surfaces isn't a big deal, just don't mess with the blades.
    Yeah, I was really hoping I wasn't going to get sniped in the end on the power supply and I lucked out.

The spec of dirt seems to be on the inside of the front element. Hopefully I can just remove that from the front by itself. I know what you mean about the blades. I had a lens that I had to take the blades out for cleaning, yes they were that bad. It was a challenge but not impossible. That lens works great now. If it were being mounted on a camera I wouldn't worry about it because I don't think it would cause any issues with the image. But I'm not sure if it'll show up when making enlargements.

Shooter
    35mm
    From somebody who just jumped back into darkroom work after a 30 year layoff, (my 12-year-old daughter became interested) I have been picking up tons of stuff really inexpensively.
    Use CraigsList.

So far here's what I got:

Pristine original Omega DII with all the condensers and 3 lenses $50

Pristine Chromega B XL and 2 lenses $100

B22 with all condensers and 2 lenses $30

Meopta 400 with Dichroic head and Nikkor lenses $200 with several hundred sheets of Fuji color paper all the way up to 20x24" (Can you say SCORE!!!)

Chromega D2 with bad filters, but all the lenses and cones, free to haul away.

Vivitar VI with colorhead (This has absolutely no heating of the negative due to "Light Pipe", but carriers are impossible to find) and lens $15

I'm actually not being an "Enlarger Pig"...I'm acquiring enough stuff to build a darkroom at my daughter's school so they can have a program. I figure that even if they all go digital, learning the chemical way will make everybody better technical photographers by making them understand exposure. Also, as an art, learning film is essential just for the history of the medium.

Anyway, there's a lot out there. No reason you can't get a couple...one condenser and one diffuser/color.

Be sure ALL the parts are there...condensers and carriers etc, power supplies for colorheads. Some are really hard to find, as I'm learning with the ancient Chromega D I picked up. Even some bulbs are really scarce and expensive.

I learned on Omega and owned the Vivitar VI way back in the 1970s, so I'm biased that way, but the Beseler is a really great machine too. I've heard good things about the Durst, as well as the very rare Minolta from about 1978.

Kinda neat that I can now afford all the stuff I dreamed of 30 years ago. Sad that it's at the expense of an entire industry which is slowly withering away because of digital.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin