Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,188   Online: 663

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

RH designs Stop Clock setup questions

Hi, I just got my stop clock Vario today, happy it arrived quick, not so happy I was oblivious to the notion that even on the non-EU version I will either have to replace the regular two pronged plug on my Aristo Cold Light Head with the included IEC connector or find an adapter.

This would have been great information to have had before getting the unit as to not be a surprise like it is. If I go the re-wiring route, have no idea where the two wires go because they are not color coded and it is not the type that has a third wire. So to recapp, this is a standard two prong, two lead 110 AC household current plug that runs to the lamp on the cold light, the heater plug is the three prong type.

What wire goes where according to page 24 of the user manual:

http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk/darkroom/...rio_UM_v85.pdf
    Last edited by PKM-25; 03-17-2012 at 10:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If the 2 prong plug on the Aristo is not polarized (one blade bigger than the other) then it doesn't matter which is connected to the live and the neutral. If it is polarized, the wire going to the wide blade is neutral. If you don't want to rewire, go to a hardware store and get the parts to make an adapter like the one attached. What's not to be happy about - RH provided the IEC connectors!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332021852.172111.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RH Designs is a member here on APUG. You could try a Private message.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like it is not polarized, so I will go that route. I am pleased as punch to have the product, have a Processmaster II on order, paper flasher. I just like knowing what all I need before things arrive.

I would PM Richard, but the time zone difference brings a delay into it all and unfortunately, I have a couple print deadlines to make, already removed the old sensor from the head..

**update**

Wired it, plugged in, nothing blew up. I am sitting on the couch with a glass of wine programming it, checking it all out, so far, so good.

I guess in going forward, it would be a good move on Richard's part to make foot notes on the product discription that would make it hard to miss that the two inputs on the back are not standard plugs like most darkroom timers.

Title changed a bit to suit a more progressive manner.
    Last edited by PKM-25; 03-17-2012 at 10:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Drop RH an Email, they are the most helpful people know
    Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    Same experience as R Gould. I have never dealt with a more helpful company or person in the form of Dr Richard Ross.

If you think you have an idea that may help RH products in the future then let Richard Ross know.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll drop him a note today, I now have a question as to how to get the unit to hold the timing speed calibration adjustment. It resets to factory default after turning the unit off and then on again.

Overall, it is going to work great.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    it would be a good move on Richard's part to make foot notes on the product discription that would make it hard to miss that the two inputs on the back are not standard plugs like most darkroom timers.
    They are standard connectors for us in the UK/Europe... but you're right. A note mentioning that US users will need an adaptor or a different plug would be useful.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk/darkroom/html/faq1.html

The IEC connectors we use are the only ones that are internationally approved, and it's why you'll find them on the back of your computer etc as well. For US customers I usually include a note about adaptors which are available from IEC and other places. Apologies if I omitted it in this instance, but it is also referenced on our FAQ page. Unfortunately given the wide variety of mains plugs and sockets world-wide it is simply not possible to cater for all of them!

The calibration adjustment should be retained when you switch off, providing you don't go through the reset procedure again (holding down the Start key when you power up).
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RH Designs View Post
    The calibration adjustment should be retained when you switch off, providing you don't go through the reset procedure again (holding down the Start key when you power up).
    Hi Richard,

Thanks for replying. Yeah, for some reason the calibration keeps re-setting to the default value of 2, even with normal operation. I just ended up using a small piece of 1 stop ND material so it is pretty good.

I am printing tonight to come up with my dry down values, I'll see if I can set it again, not that I really need to now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin