Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,677   Online: 735

Shooter
    Medium Format

Jobo cpe2 lift question

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question...but what purpose does the lift serve for a Cpe-2?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    to be able to change the chemistry fast and without spilling and the processing time can allays be the same - wouldn't work without one

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is why I have one.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The single most important part of the Jobo. Ever drop a tank full of film and developer?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ahh now I see. I just looked through the manual and the lift allows for filling and draining chemicals....very nice. Now I see why it is important! Looks like I now have my eye on one!

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by shuttershane View Post
    ahh now I see. I just looked through the manual and the lift allows for filling and draining chemicals....very nice. Now I see why it is important! Looks like I now have my eye on one!
    If you can afford/find one, perhaps consider a CPA or a CPP over the CPE.

If you have any thoughts on going into large format and/or large paper, these allow the "Expert" drums (3-Series) to be used, as well as long drums (think about a 28XX drum with extension).

Hope that this makes some sense!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Expert drums are very nice, but the 2509 and 2509n reels work very well for 4x5 on the CPE2. I think some people also develop 5x7 and 8x10 film on the CPE2 in paper drums but I've no experience with that.

I'd love to have a CPP or CPA, but not for the price difference. My CPE2 suffices and does very well for what I do.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I only shoot 120 film (645 and 6x7) so I really don't need anything bigger. I also only shoot about 5 rolls a week...sometimes less depending on the time of year. Right now it's closer to 8 because of the bluebonnet season here in Texas.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin