Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,136   Online: 839

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertZeroK View Post
    They just sent me an email. 2000 GBp including vat. So about what $2600 us plus shipping? Wonder if anyone in the us will carry them I know freestyle sells some jobs stuff.
    2000 GBP is about $3200 USD.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would grab one except for the fact that all I would use it for is E-6 processing and the chems are getting very difficult to find. I am not interested in the 3 bath kits so the only other option is buying E-6 chems in bulk and having them go bad before using them up.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Can't wait!!!
    Amazing News~!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Really? $2300+? Slash a grand off of it and I might be interested. I don't make my living off photography so I can't justify spending that.

Can you develop C-41 and E6 film with this, or is it just for paper?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    Really? $2300+? Slash a grand off of it and I might be interested. I don't make my living off photography so I can't justify spending that.

Can you develop C-41 and E6 film with this, or is it just for paper?
    If you buy the right tanks and chems, the answer is "yes, all of the above."

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was at Denver ProPhoto the other day and they have an older unit for sale for a couple-hundred+. The guy said they used to use them for B&W, have several broken units for which they can't get parts up in the storage room and that this was the last working unit they had. So now they're selling it and have farmed out all their B&W processing. He was really surprised to hear that Jobo was starting production. Boy, it sure would be a good thing if they started selling parts again.

Correct Jay. However, I gather that "early" buyers who commit to purchasing the initial production run will get a new lift included with the machine ( worth 280 GBP ). Moreover, it is likely that those of us living in the USA will not have to pay the VAT. Of course, shipping is likely to be costly and there will be some possible customs duty. So, the VAT might be replaced by shipping and duty costs. We will know the particulars in a few more months....and heck, we can hope that the dollar will appreciate in value against the GBP.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    We need to hope the dollar picks up against the Euro, as the machines are made in germany and will ultimately be priced in Euros...

Either way there will be a US based supplier (or suppliers), and so there will be a USD$ based price, with only local tax\shipping to consider. But this is all far in the future, heck they are only talking about releasing it in more then 6 months... Who knows what can happen between now and then. Fuji might go back to making neopan (just kidding).

In any case even now there is a US based source for Jobo parts.
    Just google jobo parts, its on the first page....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin