Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,912   Posts: 1,556,250   Online: 1055

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Saw this on FB today. Jobo news

http://bit.ly/Hbdlyq

Great news and I hope they restock replacement motors among other Jobo parts as well.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Old JOBOs are probably dead or dying in sufficient quantities to make this viable. Always wondered what sales were like the decade before the 2010 shutdown. Good news--especially since it's not April 1.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Exactly, I had to check the date as well. Curious how much it'll cost. Wonder if Bob's solution to his dying processors are done or is this something he *might* even want to look into

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, if the lift is going to be over $400 us, then I'm guessing the cpp3 will be something like $800 to $1000. The money isn't in the CPP3, it's in the accessories though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good "GUESS". That'd be cheap. It'll be quite a bit higher than that I'm afraid, maybe 2x that for starters.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am very excited for this.

I think this just adds to the fact that the film photography market is growing. (Or maybe just my opinion...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it's sub $2000, then I think it *could* be a good long term investment, esp if the motor is an upgrade from the last upgrade

I don't see this as a sign that the film market is growing but more a response to lab closures=business opportunity. They probably have all the dies and manufacturing tooling needed so it may very well be an easy matter to flip the switch so to speak.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The good news here is that they are bothering to make a new product. So there must be some demand for it.

Unfotunately if its $800, $1600 or $2400 is academic to me cause it is out of my price range.

But if you are using it for business maybe its a no-brainer. IDK.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kb3lms View Post
    The good news here is that they are bothering to make a new product. So there must be some demand for it.

Unfotunately if its $800, $1600 or $2400 is academic to me cause it is out of my price range.

But if you are using it for business maybe its a no-brainer. IDK.
    But wasn't lack of traffic the reason the labs closed? This really isn't a new product. Cheaper than a Refrema, I guess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it uses upgraded parts, perhaps the parts will be a big seller themselves? (people modifying older designs)

Obviously, a low price will sell them easier and to more people. I coveted them in my high school / college days when they were new and I was developing a ton of film and couldn't afford one. If it's <$2k for a complete setup, some people might consider one of these instead of their next dslr or L-lens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin