Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,700   Online: 1218

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Almost there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Almost there!

Just a little bit of fun.

My darkroom is "almost there". The sink connections should go in this week end. The electricity by Monday-ish and maybe, just MAY-bee, I'll be printing by next week end....sssh! don't tell the Mrs..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    oops, no photo...

I'll try again...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails almost-there.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    electricity? for what? you putting spot lights in there or something :P

haha.. after all a 9v battery powered halogen bulb could do my contact printing..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    after reading some of the posts in here, I'll need a steareo, or at least a radio...a refrigerator, with a safelight of course...and let me see...the timer, the fan, the safe lit KEEP OUT sign...

Am I forgetting anything???

Images
    Ah. Everyone needs a sanctuary these days. Don't forget the "BUSY! GO AWAY!" sign to hang on the door . Many happy, rewarding hours await.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh boy. How exciting. I can't wait to tell all my friends. Please let me know the second you have finished it.
    Is there anything donuts can't do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LOL Art!

But alas, the down side...I must do battle with my nemsis...the bane of all home darkrooms...second only to light leakage...

...the dreaded D U S T!!! It seem the ONLY place I could locate my darkroom is directly below the laundry room, with the dryer vent passing right through my sanctuary (fleeting images of quazimoto...)...this shall require creativity, engineering prowess and, not to mention a few sheckels...

I must also go to confession...the attached image was...di...dig....no, I can't say it...dig....argh!...non-analog.....please, FORGIVE meeee!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nemsis.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are those defibrillator paddles in the first photo??? Slow down, Joey! Cover that insulation in the ceiling, too! Even Black plastic like the stuff those wierd people who actually like gardening use.

Congratulations, BTW.... it's a very exciting feeling!!!
    Last edited by BWGirl; 11-18-2004 at 08:20 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: editorial revision
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyk49
    LOL Art!

But alas, the down side...I must do battle with my nemsis...the bane of all home darkrooms...second only to light leakage...

...the dreaded D U S T!!! It seem the ONLY place I could locate my darkroom is directly below the laundry room, with the dryer vent passing right through my sanctuary (fleeting images of quazimoto...)...this shall require creativity, engineering prowess and, not to mention a few sheckels...

I must also go to confession...the attached image was...di...dig....no, I can't say it...dig....argh!...non-analog.....please, FORGIVE meeee!

I get around the dust problem by never dusting or vacuuming It only stirs up more dust. But seriously, if you have the water running a lot, that may keep the air humid enough to keep the dust from rising too much.
    Is there anything donuts can't do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Joey!
    I faced a similar dust problem because I'm in the basement too...My solution was to install a suspended ceiling...It only cost a few dollars and works really well. The added bonus is that when I need to get at the electrical, I just need to lift out the panels.
    I notice that you have a dryer duct going through the area. I have a bathroom fan duct going through mine, so I have put in a 'T-junction' and tapped in a small bathroom fan for my darkroom...I works really well in keeping the fumes down.

Just some ideas,
    Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin