Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,060   Online: 1115

Shooter
    Medium Format

Durst Enlrager Condenser

I managed to get a Durst m601 but only with one COndenser for 35mm.
    Condensers seem to be rare or even non-existend on the second hand market.
    Is there a way to get a hold of simple convex lenses to build a condenser with lenses of 80mm+ in diameter?

What about using condensers/lenses from other brands?
    Maybe someone has some extra!

Greetings,

Frank

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The Sivocon 80 pops up on ebay and elsewhere now and then. Just keep a patient eye on these places. There's one available on ebay Germany right now: http://www.ebay.nl/itm/DURST-M601-BW...ht_1539wt_1270
    Sort of expensive, but I couldn't make one myself for that money either.

BTW, you won't need lenses longer than 80mm as the M601 doesn't do larger than 6x6.

Good luck!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yea I meant Condenser Glass ~80mm in diameter. Saw it, the problem is that I need x2, as 1 wont work alone right? or is there a way to use 1 for 6x6(Sivocon 80) + 35mm one, Sivocon 50

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You need a set, if you are not wedded to condensers you may be able to find the color insert to replace the condenser set up, athough the color insert has 2 mixing boxes the 80mm work well for 50mm as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by afrank View Post
    Yea I meant Condenser Glass ~80mm in diameter. Saw it, the problem is that I need x2, as 1 wont work alone right? or is there a way to use 1 for 6x6(Sivocon 80) + 35mm one, Sivocon 50
    Sorry, I misunderstood your talking about lens diameters- thought you were referring to enlarging lenses, but you obviously meant the condenser lenses.

I was also misleading in my referring to the ebay auction, because just one 80-condenser is offered, while for 6x6 you will need two 80's. For 35mm you need one 50 and an 80. It's a confusing system.

If you can't find the condensers then I second the suggestion of looking for a CLS 66 colourhead + the light mixing box for 6x6, then you're covered for 35mm and up to 6x6.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin