Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,179   Online: 1150

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jobo love

Images
    Matt,
    Just a different agitation protocol. You build the constant agitation into the processing time. The Jobo provides for consistent temperature and agitation, one only has to nail down time. The processor is not an "end all", but definitely a convenient, consistent tool!

Cheers,
    Geary

Quote Originally Posted by mobtown_4x5
    Don't beat me up guys- but I have not gotten a Jobo because I use very minimal agitation on my 4X5 negs- don't they agitate constantly?
    Has anyone noticed a difference due to this or is it a non issue for you guys? Again, not dissing the Jobo, just curious...

Matt

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi Thom.
    I have been using my Jobo CPP2, with lift, for about a year now developing all formats and film types. I am only sorry that I did not invest sooner as the results are consistently to perfection with little effort.

I agree however, about the expert drum release, but using the foot pump it is no problem even with the full size 24 X20" print/film drum.

Now, it's your turn for some velvia processing - it really is worth it!
    'Determine on some course more than a wild exposure to each chance' The Bard.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    <Now, it's your turn for some velvia processing - it really is worth it!>

Haven't done E6 for a long time. Might actually be fun. Do you have a current kit to recommend?
    Pity the dyslexic agnostic insomniac who lies awake night after night wondering if there is a dog.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use a small ball inflation pump, inflation needle and a rubber cork to use as a pump to take the top off an expert tank... wrks like a charm... and cheap!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The agitation of a Jobo is to much for a lot of B&W developers. (e.g. Rodinal, Tanol, AM50)
    For the best results I am using the Heiland TAS Filmprocessor, a very compact automatic tumbling machine, fully programmable with all parameters, seperate memory cards and suitable for Jobo, Patterson and Kindermann developer tanks.
    It also has automatic time compensation if you are not reaching exacly the 20 degrees C. temperature.

Only one disadvantage: You can not buy it on e-bay, because it's a new developed product.

Best regards,

Robert

www.FotohuisRoVo.nl

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomHarrop
    <Now, it's your turn for some velvia processing - it really is worth it!>

Haven't done E6 for a long time. Might actually be fun. Do you have a current kit to recommend?
    Hello Thom.

Sorry for the delay getting back to you with your question.

There are a number of very good kits on the market both in the US and UK.
    Ideal for short runs, those of about six film units.
    Although they vary a little as far as mixing, proportions and timings are concerned, all are simple.

Naturally the temp. and timing are very important, particularly for the first development.

The last E6 kit I used was by Patterson 'Chrome Six'
    Kodak also do an E6 Kit which is equally as good.

Bear in mind that the chemicals used in this process are corrosive, so take care not to get bodily contact.

Good Luck...
    'Determine on some course more than a wild exposure to each chance' The Bard.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Thanks

I will be careful. I used to do 8x10 Ektachrome on a hand line at NASA. The smell was the worst part for me. Using a processor should make it a real pleasure.

Thom

Bear in mind that the chemicals used in this process are corrosive, so take care not to get bodily contact.
    Pity the dyslexic agnostic insomniac who lies awake night after night wondering if there is a dog.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I haven't run E6 for a while. I've used the Patterson 3 Bath kit, with excellent results. Some purists prefer the 6 Bath kit ... I've done that, but I really couldn't see any advantage over the 3 Bath.
    Lately, I been using Tetenal for C-41 and RA-4, for a number of reasons, the main one being shelf life... Tetenal seems to last considerably longer. Tetenal is generally easier to mix: instead of "25ml `A'; 12 ml `B' and 56ml`C', and water", it is 50ml `A'; 50 ml`B', and water. When I do E6 next, it certainly will be with Tetenal chemistry. I also appreciate the formaldehyde-free stabilizer.

I use a JOBO CCP-2 as well - wouldn't think of any other way. BTW - I've screwed up before, by simply not setting the temperature correctly... I've been off as much as 4 degrees C - and I haven't seen massively disatrous results ... in fact *no* noticeable difference at all. I just do not think the process is as sensitive as some are led to believe.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Matt... The Jobo machine I use (ATL2000) has different agitation (rotation) rates...

Thom... I'm interested in how you get 8 rolls of 120 processed at a time. The developer you use can do that many in one tank? My machine (ATL2000) has a limit of 1000ml per chemical per run. The developer I use (Photographer's Formulary TFX-2) recommends 500ml per 120 roll.
    Regards,

Wally

Member:
    National Sarcasm Society
    (like we need your support)

Images
    Yeah, that is a lot of of film area to process in a limited amount of solution. I'd be worried about over-running the capacity of my developer.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin