Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,032   Online: 994

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jobo love

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I run 7 rolls of 35mm all the time, not a problem yet. I haven't worked out the square inches but so far, no worries. I run T-Max with replenishment and it seems to handle the load with 1000ml of solution. I actually haven't run 8 rolls of 120. I was just stating the capacity of the system. I will have to look into it and make sure I can process a full tank. Thanks for pointing out the potential problem.

Thom

Quote Originally Posted by ceratto
    Matt... The Jobo machine I use (ATL2000) has different agitation (rotation) rates...

Thom... I'm interested in how you get 8 rolls of 120 processed at a time. The developer you use can do that many in one tank? My machine (ATL2000) has a limit of 1000ml per chemical per run. The developer I use (Photographer's Formulary TFX-2) recommends 500ml per 120 roll.
    Pity the dyslexic agnostic insomniac who lies awake night after night wondering if there is a dog.

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Formaldehyde free stabilizers.

Ed,

"formaldehyde-free stabilizer" means nothing but that there is no formaldehyde in the concentrates or powder bag - but a pre-product of formaline. The moment you mix it the formaline will form.

The formaline is in there to harden the gelatine and thus protecting the color dyes from humidity and resulted fading. You could swap the formaldehyde with other aldehydes...

As long as you keep skin-contact as low as possible and work in a ventilated zone the formaline will do no harm to you - generations of phycists have bathed in it without much negative outcome to their health.

Correction:
    Tetenal lists a "103294 Ecoline C-41 Stabilizer FF" at their Website - FF for "Formaldehydfrei". The MSDS lists the following as contents:

2 Zusammensetzung / Angaben zu Bestandteilen
    Gefährliche Inhaltstoffe
    CAS-Nr. Symbol und R-Sätze des reinen Stoffes
    1-5 % Hexamethylentetramin
    100-97-0 Xn,F 11-42/43
    1-5 % Netzmittel
    9036-19-5 Xn 22-41
    0.05-2 % 1,2-Benzisothiazol-3(2H)-on
    2634-33-5 Xn,N 22-38-41-43-50

But these Stabi´s aren´t used in the small 5l E6-kits! Those are what Tetenal lists as "102488 UNICOLOR STABILISIERBAD und Regenerator" which contains:

2 Zusammensetzung / Angaben zu Bestandteilen
    Gefährliche Inhaltstoffe
    CAS-Nr. Symbol und R-Sätze des reinen Stoffes
    10-15 % Formaldehyd
    50-00-0 T 23/24/25-34-40-43
    1-5 % Alkylphenolpolyglycidolether
    68072-38-8 Xi 36
    Beschreibung: Stabilisierungsbad für fotografische Farbmaterialien

I changed to using stabilizer for ALL my negatives and prints - to me it is the better photo-flo, films and prints drie much cleaner now.

The Tetenal E6-3bath is a nice thing, very simple, very robust, the opened concentrates will last a year and longer (unlike Calbe/Euro-Jobo/Fuji-Hunt which is known for a much shorter shelf life (all the same, made by the dutch Fuji-Hunt)).

The funny story is that it was formulated by a Tetenal engineer in his spare time, as a hobby. He tinkered with some ideas without official decrete and *bang - it worked and he sold it to his bosses. :-)
    Last edited by rjr; 11-26-2004 at 05:19 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Correction
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yeah. Like that.

I *like* the stuff.

One thing I'd wish for is some of the Tetenal's dry C-41 and RA-4 chemistry - with their extended shelf lives - to become avaiable here in the United Sates. Seems that the storage times for the dealers/ distributors would be much less of a hassel, and shipping problems (hazardous materials) largely relieved. Wonder why they don't do that?
    Oh, BTW - Yes, I know about Tetenal's "Press Pak", but they have larger, less expensive kits that seem to bre more desirable.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Do you mean the Phototabs and the Photo Pearls?

I remember that Ken Owens -when he still worked for Jobo- referred to why Jobo USA never imported them and looked it up.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ke...aol.com&rnum=1

It was for the cost - individual packaging and labeling for the USA was too expensive.

Well, thats a thing of the past. Tetenal pulled the Photo Tabs in May or June 2004 from the european market, the sale numbers were to low - no wonder at the price they asked for them.

Are you aware that the Tabs and Pearls are an offspring of the minilab division? Tetenal depeloped and manufactures them for a minilab producer (IIRC Gretag), they are meant for instant replenishment and are a relieve in handling. So production continues, just the small packs got axed.
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Please elaborate on why Jobo processors don't do well with some developers, e.g., Rodinal etc. Is it based on the continuousness aspect vs. resting periods of "still" development? Or, perhaps on the high dilution and volume of solution limititation per tank? Jobo user would be most interested. TIA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin