Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,569   Posts: 1,545,467   Online: 1178

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jobo love

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Jobo love

This has probably been discussed ad nauseam here but I wanted to add my .02 dollars anyway.

I recently purchased a Jobo CPE processor to do black and white film. It is a dream. After initial testing I have been running large batches of film using T-Max developer with replenishment and it is great. I was a bit concerned when I got it that the agitation would be too intense and cause surge. It doesn't. I can put on a movie, get the developer to temp and just process 'til the cows come home. I can do 7 rolls of 35mm or 8 rolls of 120 at a time. (This is not a misprint, the reels can hold two rolls of 120 at once.)

I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone who does black-and-white film at home or for a small studio. I have never been much into doing color. Until now I did black-and-white by hand. I will never go back. Once you get past the quirks of the Jobo you will love it.

I had actually slowed down in shooting for fun. Now I can go out and shoot to my hearts content and know I am not going to be spending a week in the darkroom. I did 17 rolls a few days ago without even breaking a sweat.
    Pity the dyslexic agnostic insomniac who lies awake night after night wondering if there is a dog.

Images
    I agree! It's great to read & respond on APUG while streaming Classical musical to the 25 RPM beat of my Jobo! It doesn't get better, well...almost !!

Cheers,
    Geary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And how many men did it take to get the top off the tank you demo'ed in my room Geary?
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a CPA 2 that I am thinking of selling. Watch the for sale section.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    And how many men did it take to get the top off the tank you demo'ed in my room Geary?
    Well normally, I guess, it only takes 1 man, but it took SEVERAL of US!!

Cheers,
    Geary

Images
    Are you talking about the lid on an expert drum? I almost knocked myself out a few weeks back using the jobo pump to remove a top.

I seriously cant see anyother way I would want to process film. The Jobo is awesome.
    hi!

jss
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    normally i steer away from threads with titles like "jobo love" since it borders on the freakish side of photonerdism. but after seeing gary's setup, i can see why people like them so much. i was developing film in a combi-plan tank in a hotel room and wished i had a bit more automated setup. this is after i recently moved up in the world from processing one sheet at a time in trays.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ah...may we all become Geary's brand of photonerd...great Pyro demo Geary!!!

S

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Don't beat me up guys- but I have not gotten a Jobo because I use very minimal agitation on my 4X5 negs- don't they agitate constantly?
    Has anyone noticed a difference due to this or is it a non issue for you guys? Again, not dissing the Jobo, just curious...

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ooops.....I thought it said: "Jovo love". Couldn't imagine any reason why it should.
    John Voss

My Blog

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin