Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,003   Online: 1029

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    It's not to late to donate. Give them a buck or two.

Folks ask all the time, "how can I promote film?" Well, here's one way. And I promise they'll take any cash, no matter how trifling.
    Can't agree more. This is an undertaking of baffling proportions and I wish them all good fortune to pull it off. Any help should do good.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    Can't agree more. This is an undertaking of baffling proportions and I wish them all good fortune to pull it off. Any help should do good.
    I chipped in my pittance. Who else?

Most of us here can cough up $5.

(OK, yeah, I'm trying to guilt people. It isn't like I'm saying cough up $500.)

MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Latest picture updates of the construction. Again, for the details and more pictures, see Anton's blog about The Photo Palace bus and all the work they are doing. They've been making some great progess the past week. Some stuff of the enterior is now in the process of being finished. See some of the beautiful woodwork / tabletops and flooring now installed. This is not just a functional solution, but it looks great as well. They also try to recycle / retains as much of the bus' details as possible, see the use of one of the Gillig bus outside stop lights as darkroom warning light inside the bus.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Construction_darkroom_wall_1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	50713
    Darkroom wall with electric in it, this was sealed off after the picture. A sign of attention to detail.

Name:	Construction_warning_light2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	50714
    Stop light of bus now serving as darkroom warning light.

Name:	Construction_vent4.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	50715
    Hole being cut in roof of bus for installation of darkroom venting.

Name:	Construction_vent3.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	50716
    Ventilation tube installed.

Name:	Construction_interior_cushions.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	50718
    Flooring and tabletops.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Latest updates by Anton on the blog.

They are now really into the darkroom construction phase. Darkroom sink is installed, and drying racks and first phases of future enlarger stations are under construction, all in the back of the bus, the part that serves as the true darkroom. It's looking great!

Here are some of the pics, for more and Anton's stories, see the blog.

Name:	Construction_Sinks.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	51075

Name:	Construction_Darkroom_Print_Racks.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	51076

Name:	Construction._Darkroom_stations.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	51077

Name:	Construction_enlarging_station1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	51078

Anton and Ryan also took the bus out on an outing to San Jose State University's art building, featuring art shows and allowing them to show the bus under construction to a wider public.
    My website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Darkroom almost finished!!!, Anton and Ryan are fast closing in on hitting the road.

Well, some wonderful pictures by Anton again. See The Photo Palace blog for the details, but the pictures speak for themselves, as Anton and Ryan are in the process of finishing the darkroom. It is looking very real now! What a great place they created. Must be big fun to hit the road with this and shoot and process on the road.

They still can use financial support for their journey. The earlier date for hitting the road Anton mentions on his blog has to do with the financial constraints too. Think I'll drop in some extra myself once my salary including holiday benefits gets in at the end of the month. Won't get them that far riding a bus like this, but all small donations make for extra mileage

Name:	Construction_darkroom_done1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	51583

Name:	Construction_darkroom_done2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	51584

Name:	Construction_darkroom_done3.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	51585
    My website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photo Palace Bus close to departure !

Well, Anton and Ryan and the Photo Palace Bus are now really close to hitting the road... Rough schedule 10th of june~!

Not much to show, as Anton and Ryan focused on finishing the stuff, but they currently have the bus serviced professionally before departure for a safe and sound drive. In addition, they are working on graphics to cover the outside of the bus, and all the little things that need finishing.

Anton also now put up a call for suggestions and invitations of places and people to visit. If you are an US APUG member, now is the time to contact them if you have any great idea and like to join up with them!

As Anton wrote on the blog:

"I look forward to the open road and being guided by intuition and light. The Photo Palace Bus is, of course, still open to invitations for specific and non-specific events. If You have an urge to see TPPB in your neck of the woods - contact us and it will be arranged. While thinking of this, please consider that it would be ultra-nice if The Bus arrived to a reserved parking spot we can count on(Gilli is 35ft long and she requires ample room for turning around). Otherwise we can visit You for ANY reason - hold a portrait session in Your town, do a small art show of hand-made prints (vintage and contemporary), give a demo to a local middle or high school or to a few more advanced photographer who, perhaps, have never had a chance to work in the darkroom, but have always wanted to.... Possibilities are endless! I we would also stop by if you just want to say hi and show us your favorite place to eat (nothing like tasting the flavors of local cuisine, I'm personally looking forward to some good soul food when in The Gulf area)."

Presentation counter with silver gelatine print covered doors (protected by epoxy):

Name:	Construction_Counter_doors.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	52229
    My website

Shooter
    Medium Format
    he's still going strong... check out the progress

http://orlovphoto.com/

jvo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin