Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,669   Posts: 1,481,754   Online: 939

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Dry Benches going in.

Finished the office, now I can work on the darkroom. Room is 2m x 4m approx, Sink will extend from right hand bench for 2.4m.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom 2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,

I set up my darkroom 3 years ago and started with a Durst M70 color. Meanwhile I added an M805 for lager format.
    I use both enlargers, because working is much easier, for example pre-exposuring paper for contrast control.
    Developing of smaller formats is in trays, for larger formats I use a Fujimoto CP-31, which is placed on a rollable table.
    I do mostly RA-4 colour printing. Negatives C-41 and Slides E-6 are developed in a Jobo CPE2 with lift.
    A sink with running water is located in the garage nearby.
    I was lucky and could use a big room of about 15m2.
    Rolls of papers are stored in an extra room in the cellar, where temperature is low.

Joachim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Labor01_web.JPG   Labor02_web.JPG   Labor03_web.JPG   Labor04_web.JPG   Labor05_web.JPG  

Labor06_web.JPG   Labor07_web.JPG   Labor08_web.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice darkroom Joachim! Interesting that you mostly print colour.

Trond

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Here's my B/W lab - been at it for over a year - now I'm processing film again. In there you'll see the 10X10 Durst L184 with 1414 cold light, an auto focus DeVere 504 (with ZBE controller and Ilford 600H V/C head) - film processing line with nitrogen burst agitation, paper processing sink, film dryer and big custom table that folds open on one side to allow use of Seal 500TX press. I still have things to finish up on, like building a print drying rack and some duck boards for the sinks. I have a power amp for my stereo, but still need a preamp and a tuner, gotta have music in the lab.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stitched #2 small.jpg   Stiched #1 small.jpg   Film Sink Pano small.jpg  

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Looks great... can't agree more about the music .
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrianfoto View Post
    Here's my B/W lab - been at it for over a year - now I'm processing film again. In there you'll see the 10X10 Durst L184 with 1414 cold light, an auto focus DeVere 504 (with ZBE controller and Ilford 600H V/C head) - film processing line with nitrogen burst agitation, paper processing sink, film dryer and big custom table that folds open on one side to allow use of Seal 500TX press. I still have things to finish up on, like building a print drying rack and some duck boards for the sinks. I have a power amp for my stereo, but still need a preamp and a tuner, gotta have music in the lab.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is my space, not quite as posh as Jbrian's but it's evolved into a very good darkroom over the past 2 years. I have a large 7x4' light table outside the darkroom that has a folding wooden top, so it can double as a desk when I'm not using it for editing. There's also a film drying cabinet behind the vantage point for the photograph.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	darkroom.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	781.7 KB 
ID:	54829
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    This is my space, not quite as posh as Jbrian's but it's evolved into a very good darkroom over the past 2 years. I have a large 7x4' light table outside the darkroom that has a folding wooden top, so it can double as a desk when I'm not using it for editing. There's also a film drying cabinet behind the vantage point for the photograph.

Name:	darkroom.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	781.7 KB 
ID:	54829
    Nice ! I like that you can just spin around and drop your paper in the developer. Perfect size. I also like the wall-rack that you have over the sink - looks like that stuff you see in stores where they can mount different shelves for display. Good idea there. My first good enlarger was a Beseler 45 just like yours - you've done a nice job here, everything is thoughtfully placed.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Rather than duckboards, take a look at a product called "Dri Dek." You can find it at restaurant suppliers or on-line (http://www.dri-dek.com/?gclid=CLCR84...FQ-R7QodFl0ANw). It is 12" tiles that snap together to form a custom sized mat. They will last forever and can be separated easily to clean the sink. Get black which will not show stains.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrianfoto View Post
    Keith Pitman
    Photographer
    www.keithpitman.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I convert my kitchen into a darkroom. I look forward to the day I can set it up permanently.

Name:	darkroom (1).jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	57514

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks cozy!
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin