Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,920   Posts: 1,556,509   Online: 1294

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here's a look at my current setup, my first actual darkroom.

I started out with a small enlarger (LPL 6600) doing a little bit of printing inside of our sauna. After being given a new enlarger (Omega B-66 XL) along with a full darkroom setup, my wife was OK with us getting rid of the sauna. So I have about 32 sq ft to work with on one half of our laundry room, along with access to the laundry sink.

On the dry side I mounted the enlarger directly onto a workbench and store paper, negative binders, lenses, bulbs etc. in the drawers. I also keep my film scanner in there so I can pull it out to do scanning.

On the 'wet' side I threw together a cheap plywood/2x4 bench to hold working trays. I should probably coat the tabletop somehow as right now it is just soaking up any drops of chemicals or, better yet, actually turn it into more of a sink. Storage underneath for trays, chemicals and whatnot.

Over in the corner with the laundry sink is where I do my rinsing and I also have spaces there to dry prints, film, and also a drying rack for containers. I have an old Arkay print dryer that I've been using to fully dry prints into a flat state. I'm just using a kitty litter tray to rinse prints for now, getting a print washer would be nice at some point.

Jammed onto the shelf and into corners are the piles of gear that I'm not using, mostly color stuff like drums, processors, color enlarger head and various easels. I also have a huge supply of dry mounting stuff that is stashed underneath the 'wet' side.

The only thing I really need is a space heater, it stays around 15 C in there in the winter and it would be nice to bring it up to 20 C when I am working. Will probably pick one up this week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom-Nov-11-2012__0085-2.jpg   darkroom-Nov-11-2012__0085.jpg   darkroom-Nov-11-2012__0085-3.jpg   darkroom-Nov-11-2012__0085-4.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For years I used a plywood over-bath arrangement for my trays, and a couple of coats of good exterior grade varnish was all it needed. I use an electric oil-filled radiator in my space with the thermostat set to 68-70 F. I don't run it all the time, but with a bit of planning it brings the temperature up. Admittedly we don't get down much below freezing here very often, but keeping the temperature no lower than the mid-40's protects the chemicals. If you have a device with a low setting you can use a plug-in timer to warm the space up in good time. Just watch the power rating of the device - many are designed for lamps, not heaters.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Been in my new darkroom for a year and a half now. Loving it.

LPL4500VC enlarger, and an epoxied plywood sink. Ikea cabinets.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice. My kinda of darkroom.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks great, but I think you have a ghost

Quote Originally Posted by sepiareverb View Post
    Been in my new darkroom for a year and a half now. Loving it.

LPL4500VC enlarger, and an epoxied plywood sink. Ikea cabinets.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-IMG_0549.JPG 
Views:	233 
Size:	366.9 KB 
ID:	59977

My latest and most useful arrangement. They all have a certain format and contrast settings that they each do extremely well. The sink and trays are by my butt...
    The larger print washer 11x14 & 16x20 is at my feet
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 11-18-2012 at 11:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, my kid-sized craft table in my bedroom with barely enough room for an Omega B-600 enlarger and 3 8x10 trays doesn't look so impressive. Lots of inspiration in this thread for what I'm going to do once I've got the time, money and space for something bigger & better.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Here’s my small contribution to darkness. I built it in the basement. It is about 81/2’ square. It still needs ventilation and the “sink” is an old door on 2 chairs while the bucket serves as the temporary drain.

The wooden box is my home built VU light box for Kallitype and Palladium work.
    I’ve got the Zone VI washer on a dolly and push it to the real sink near the washer.

The Beseler enlarger is set up with a Zone VI cold light head and stabilizer for contact printing on Azo and Lodima. It is bolted to the ceiling joists and to the work table. It is very sturdy.

Alan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0763.jpg   IMG_0765.jpg   IMG_0761.jpg   IMG_0758.jpg   IMG_0760.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Darkroom 01.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	377.6 KB 
ID:	61310 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Darkroom 02.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	276.2 KB 
ID:	61311

My refurbished darkroom/laundry! Cool new bits include an aluminium frame, with the sides covered in velcro loop, and a black foamcore front panel, that, with handles, slides into the window frame and completely blocks out the light!! Also, the Elfa shelving and pegboard that nicely organises all my bits and pieces, and keeps things like scissors, pens, negative frames and clips out of the way but within easy reach. So far it all seems very ergonomic. Just in time for the mammoth printing challenge that is my annual xmas calendar...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's funny, my darkroom is also Miele.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin