Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,999   Online: 806

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tried going to our local college for DR use, however, they would not let me take the lab without going through other classes. What a joke.... I wrote the guy who runs the foto dept 3 times and he did not even respond back. Something that day clicked inside of me and I started the darkroom project. After hemorrhaging some money I'm up and running and doing a lot time in the dark. Sunday I was in there 15 hours while girlfriend was visiting her folks out of town. lol.

Here are few phone pics and some results. I must say, there is nothing like fiber prints and split grading development. I'm hooked.

Here is my DR, need a dry press ASAP.

Dry mounted in 16x20 mats.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    GKR1,

Nice!

I have access to the college lab for another seven weeks, then I am out on my own. I'm sad, and exited at the same time.

I have read through all three of the major darkroom threads, pretty amazing what can be accomplished in modest space.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks RT

You'll be more productive in your own DR.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by GKR1 View Post
    Thanks RT

You'll be more productive in your own DR.
    In my case, and mentioned by others here, having your own DR to escape to can be profoundly therapeutic. (You've already experienced the Time Contraction.)

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Here are a few picture of my humble Darkroom. Highlights, Durst 10X10 enlarger, CLS300 dichroic head, Beseler 45 Aristo Coldhead light, eight foot sink (I think), and plenty of storage. This is the way that it is in real life, cluttered,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 030.jpg   032.jpg   003.JPG   001 (2).JPG   002.JPG  

Last edited by ataim; 05-21-2013 at 09:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    My cramped closet darkroom and bathroom processing area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14930_10200437291076575_1262959212_n.jpg  
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm
    It's fascinating to see how people have created working spaces that sometimes perform double-or even triple duty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ataim - I haven't started building my darkroom yet, but was given a sink very similar to yours. Is it anchored to the wall, with just the 2 legs and a 2x4 along the front?
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Ataim - I haven't started building my darkroom yet, but was given a sink very similar to yours. Is it anchored to the wall, with just the 2 legs and a 2x4 along the front?
    I have the same ABS type sink, and made a base using 2x4 and Simpson Strong Tie Connectors (Lowes or Home Depot). Even the very light duty brackets of the 90 degree variety are more than enough to build a very sturdy base with a shelf underneath.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	69273
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Parker, can you post a pic of where the 2x4 cross member supports the sink? It's hard to explain, but I wonder just where and how the wood meets the fiberglass, and how the sink sits on the wood.

Shoot. At the rate I'm going, it might be another 5 years before I actually build this thing. The retired guy who gave me most of my darkroom equipment stipulated that he wanted one of the first images it produces. He might die before that happens. When we were kids there was so much time to kill. Now I have more money than time and it ain't no bargain.
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin