Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,968   Online: 1071

Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Darkroom Portraits (Part 2)

Splitting the large portraits thread (also, keep in mind we have a gallery category for this as well: http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browseimages.php?c=517 ).

The original thread post below from Argentic:

Darkroom portraits

The first darkroom you build for an enemy.
    The second one you build for a friend.
    And the third one you build for yourself.

Until now I have built five darkrooms. But there are still things to improve. And everytime I study other peoples darkrooms, I learn one or two nice tricks.

Would you mind posting some images of your darkroom? I'll start with mine. I use it one day every week. And even after about twenty years of darkroom work, I still want to change things. (That's why I got the idea of this thread.) My desktop is very cluttered because I'm in the middle of a rearranging my darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Sean

For those who would like to look through the closed, first part of this thread, here is the link: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/1...portraits.html

This may not be as important for two parts of a "Sticky" thread as in other cases
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Timely reminder that this resource is here. I'm in the stage of wiring up my darkroom/bathroom and wondering where to put the safe light. I was think of hanging it over the sink (700mm x 2700mm) but at the left end which is were the developer tray is. That way it also will light up the bench to the left. Thoughts, attach is PDF is layout.
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Shane:

Whatever you decide, try to make sure that you won't find yourself having to work in your own shadow either at the sink or elsewhere (paper storage/cutter, easel).

Somewhere in a corner that results in light being reflected off of large surfaces tends to work well.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not sure that I ever posted shots of mine ... here are a few. Excuse the explanation captions, I had those on for some people that didn't have a darkroom and probably didn't know what half the stuff in there was.

*just saw a typo on my explanation - said Ilford 300, when should have said Ilford 500H! Doh!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom with titles.jpg   darkroom with titles 2.jpg   DSC03234.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Beautiful DR Katie! You could have at least taken the vestments off the enlarger for a picture
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah - I was rushed and forgot. I'll do it next time!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yeah! Don't hide that Omega from us. You need more sink. You can never have too much sinkage.

EDIT: this was my 300th post; I am embarrassed that I didn't make better use of it!
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerSmithPhoto View Post
    Yeah! Don't hide that Omega from us. You need more sink. You can never have too much sinkage.

EDIT: this was my 300th post; I am embarrassed that I didn't make better use of it!
    I got that sink for $40!

Happy 400th Parker! Tell the doggies hi!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here's some pix of my little darkroom - only 4' x 6'6", but it works for me. I made my sink - ply and epoxy coated. Wish I had more space, but hey! I do have an office adjacent that I can use for any non-darkroom work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000108_500.jpg 
Views:	569 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	50986 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000109_500.jpg 
Views:	542 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	50987

Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin