Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,452   Online: 951

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Polygot,
    Unfortunately my thoughts exactly. Well we'll see what happens during tonight's Jobo fun.
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.
    Carl Sandburg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I pulled the motor apart, cleaned it out best I could, oiled the shaft, and re-assembled. Ran smoother than ever before. I then put a tank on, and was simulating a film processing cycle. 7 minutes in it stalled again, but with less warning. Tomorrow I will hook the motor directly into a 12V power supply. My CPE-2 Plus seems to have a switch on a circuit board that reverses the motor rather than a mechanical method and I noticed a random heat sink was VERY hot.
    If the motor fails when powered on a power supply I know it's the motor and I can replace it.
    If the motor runs I know it's the circuitry and I will just directly power it. Won't reverse any more but I can live with that.
    Carl Sandburg

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If the heatsink (presumably the one by the brown wires; I think it's the transistor for controlling motor speed/direction and I think it does reversals based on a timer unlike the CPP2 which has a "claw foot" that switches every 2 revs) is very hot, that still probably indicates a motor-drag fault. Given that you got some improvement by cleaning, you can probably get it all they way to nominal operation by further cleaning and careful lubrication. If the transistor there is a MOSFET (quite likely), increasing temperature will increase its on-resistance, which in turn will generate more heat, etc, until it all stalls. Can you read the part number on that transistor? It might be possible to replace it with a more-modern version (FETs have advanced a long way in the last 10 years) that doesn't get as hot and gives the motor a little more torque.

If you get a high-current power supply and plug it into the motor, the motor will run despite the drag but it too will become quite hot due to the increased current draw. Whether the motor stalls or not depends on the current capacity of the supply you choose to test with, so it's not really much of a test unless you also measure the current. It's stalling with its normal power supply because the drag is becoming so large that the supply can't provide enough current to keep it turning.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This happened to one of mine just before the motor gave up the boast completely. i'm afraid ,it's time for a new motor.good luck finding one!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a Bosch model number on the motor. It's the headrest motor for a Mercedes Benz W124. I just picked one up on eBay. So yes the rumors are true. Jobo used Mercedes Benz parts.
    Once I get the part and hook everything up I'll let you all know how it goes.
    Carl Sandburg

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Do share the bosch model number???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No problem, Bosch Part Number 0 390 206 692 Mercedes-Benz Part Number 003 820 21 42 I'll let every one know if it works once the part comes in. I am also going to relube that motor one more time using something a little thicker than 3in1 oil.
    Carl Sandburg

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby1923 View Post
    No problem, Bosch Part Number 0 390 206 692 Mercedes-Benz Part Number 003 820 21 42 I'll let every one know if it works once the part comes in. I am also going to relube that motor one more time using something a little thicker than 3in1 oil.
    Very interesting. Is this the motor of the CPE-2? Is it the same of the other Jobo processors?
    For instance I have a Jobo CPP-2. If I had to buy a new motor would the abovementioned one work for me?

Did Jobo change motors during the course of the life of one single model (e.g. is it possible to find CPP-2 with different motors)?

Would there be any problem in using this motor in any Jobo processor regardless of which was the original one?

Thanks to anybody who can contribute an answer

Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    As i see this motor model, it should fit the CPE2+ (as well as ATL1000\1500), but has a different shaft. Lets see if the OP can use the existing shaft with the motor he ordered.

CPE2 has a different motor then the CPE2+
    Both are different then the motors in CPP\CPA machines, which had 4 motors used over time.
    The first 3 being interchangeable and the latest one needs different electronics then those used in the first 3 production runs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks krifartida.
    Do you (or anybody else) know if there is anywhere a source whereby one can know, given a certain Jobo model and serial number, which is the motor to buy, with catalogue part number?

I would consider buying a spare motor "just in case", while they are available.

Fabrizio

PS Maybe I could ask Jobo to send me such a list for posting here. Or, even better, some site owner might invite Jobo to join the conversation.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin