Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,417   Online: 837

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jobo has published literature on the model #s on the machine and the correlation with at least 2 of these motors.

The upgrades were made to prevent motor stalling and burnout with the series 3000 drums.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    CPP\CPA SN ith 4 digits, first run, SM ith 5 digits up to 19999 (CPA has slightly different numbers for this run) second run, motor was upgraded to double bearing
    20000-21999 stringer motor
    22000 and up New motor and DC boards, with conical shaft,

All first three runs use the same part number and are interchangeable. The latest one needs a complete board refit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all the help and I hope this thread helps some one else in the future. The Mercedes Benz headrest motor was a drop in fit. All I needed to do is remove a bracket that was bolted to the motor base and de-solder the leads to the motor. I don't know if it would work for any one else's machine but it worked for me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo41.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	222.4 KB 
ID:	50648

Dave M.
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.
    Carl Sandburg

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nice. So it's working properly now?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    `Appears to be running fine now. Not sure why cleaning and re-lubing the old motor failed. Everything looked good inside. My best guess is a bad bearing surface as the rear of the motor was getting toasty hot.
    Carl Sandburg

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby1923 View Post
    The Mercedes Benz headrest motor was a drop in fit.
    In what way does a headrest need to be motorised?!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    In what way does a headrest need to be motorised?!

Steve.
    So that we can have spare Jobo parts... Only good reason I can see.
    Carl Sandburg

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Did you need to remove\replace the drive shaft? did you just use the shaft from your old motor?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was able to use the shaft from the old motor. I would need to find the serial number to know what rev the machine is. I am sure the Jobo Engineers used what ever motors they could get and when the W124 series Mercedes Benz was discontinued they switched to another motor. Having taken the machine apart a few times in the past week I wouldn't be surprised if machines in the same serial number range used different shafts and motors... Things are "weird" in there.
    Carl Sandburg

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The motor is a generic design by SWF, then nidec, then NTT now Valeo or whatever other merger it has been.
    All Jobo machines use the same basic generic motors, which are available from third parties who supply them, some of them have the correct shaft, but they are about 2-3 times more expensive then what Jobo pricing was.
    The shaft is the same on all, if it fits the bosch motor you got it will fit all, BTW as far as i can tell the w126 body headrest motor is the same, but has a different headrest bracket, the motor also has a different shaft.
    As for the revs, that should be controlled electronicly through the circuit, and should be 75 as far as i remember (but i do have a b12 deficeincy, so i might be remembering wrong..)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin