Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,434   Online: 1070

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Uniroller and short Jobo tank

After not using the tank for a while, I've got my Jobo in action again (I've been away from it trying to use up my stash of color quickloads). Never liked rotating the thing by hand, so I bought a Uniroller, only discovering after the fact that the tank I have is too short to be used on the Uniroller. It's the one-reel 2521 tank. It doesn't reach across both rollers. So they said it couldn't be done.

http://youtu.be/p3ANGUDr-RI

At first I tried to make a sleeve for the tank out of a cardboard oatmeal box, but it did not roll reliably. But I realized all I needed was something to hold it level and something to keep it from falling off. And then I discovered rather by accident (rooting about in the kitchen drawers) that a steel cannoli form fits precisely in the hole in the magnet base. Then plug it into the Gralab and use the Gralab to keep it from walking off the edge.

I just wanted to show this off.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Ha! I've got that tank and that base. I'm going to have to give this a try. Will save me a bit on chems. Thanks for sharing.

Jonathan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin