Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,765   Posts: 1,484,076   Online: 969

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I read from very experienced users that the Nikkor could be an extremely fine enlarging lens but you'd have to find a good one because many of them have this problem.
    So, yes, might very well be your lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    16x20 is pretty big for a 35mm enlargement. Besides alignment, and stopping down, I'd check the negative with a good focusing aide on all corners. Make sure the focusing finder is correctly adjusted before putting it under the enlarger. I use a peak/micromega 1 with the huge mirror, it's so easy to check corners.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    16 x 20 is pushing it with that lens. The field curves in the opposite direction of the film (assuming you are not using a glass carrier). To focus it (after you align your enlarger) you would focus on the center then move the column to focus on the corners. Set the enlarger column to the linear middle point between the two. You can stop down to f11 or f16. I have made 16x20 with that lens in that manner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin