Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,250   Online: 793

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Benoît99 View Post
    According to the Merriam-Webster's Dictionary (North America's most used dictionary) "guys" can be used as a plural noun to refer to both sexes.

Welcome to the 21st century.
    According To The 21st. Century, Digital Cameras, Can Be Used For Photographic Purposes !

A gentlemen should never refer to a group of men, and women as " Guys "
    Or use a digital camera, unless he is photographing an item to be sold on Craigslist ...

Enjoy The Weekend !

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Large Format
    I call groups of women guys all the time, nobody cares. Nobody has ever said anything. Some people are more sensitive than others I guess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I've never been PC and I take measures to keep me from being infected.
    That is why us Southerners invented Yu'all.

Did I say I was a Southerner, well I am, I was born in Cincinnati Yu'hear and we Southerners like our SS reels.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Swensson View Post
    These any good? I see a lot of people say that only the Hewes reels are worth it in SS.

Attachment 51554
    Wow, boxes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Oh mabe this is a guys vs girls, steel vs plastic thing.

I have achieved a few more reels in my day but I still have the first SS ones I got back when I was 17 years old. I did learn on an unusual device a crinkeled long plastic ribbon thing you would roll up into a coil with the film inside the role as you coiled it up. Might have been a Kodak product, my father had it, a Kodacraft tank?

Anyway, Keep the SS reels. That is my vote.
    Wow, one of the rare occasions for me to have run into someone else who is familar with the Kodak film aprons! I still have the tank and aprons which I purchased new as a young teen, which had now been a very long time in storage -- maybe I can sell it as an antique in a few years

Back on topic, once I learned from a professional industrial photographer how to load stainless steel reels when I was about 15, I never looked back. I tried ONCE to load a plastic reel when it was still wet (in the days before hair dryers were common and used to also dry wet film reels) and I gave up in disgust.
    Last edited by wiltw; 05-24-2012 at 07:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Wow, boxes.
    yeah if i buy and these are no good i will at least have some interesting boxes to add to my collection of old interesting ..boxes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltw View Post
    Wow, one of the rare occasions for me to have run into someone else who is familar with the Kodak film aprons! I still have the tank and aprons which I purchased new as a young teen, which had now been a very long time in storage -- maybe I can sell it as an antique in a few years
    If we used these aprons as you called them, we are antiques.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin