Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,735   Online: 1011

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Dejur condenser enlarger model to fit DeJur Koolite cold light head

Years ago I found a DeJur Koolite cold light head at a fleamarket. I now have a need of a 4x5 enlarger and I'm trying to figure out what DeJur condenser models this would fit. Then I can begin a search for the model I need. Anybody know?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe it's big enough to be 4x5. I'll measure it and get some pics of it, maybe you can tell easier that way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's a couple of shots. It's a little beat up, but it works fine. The inside diameter of the head is approximately 5 13/16". The nameplate on the front says 'Versatile Koolite Model I-II'. Does this fit the 4x5 Versatile Professional?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _DSC0171.JPG   _DSC0172.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dang. I already have an Omega C760XL that I can print medium format with. I need a 4x5 enlarger now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Better off not looking for a particular brand enlarger in 4x5. Much better to look for what you can find locally. Shipping on big enlargers is horrendous. Years back I bought a DeJur off eBay, arrived poorly packed with broken castings, turned out the brass roller was worn to the point where the enlarger could not be aligned. That one was a pre-war one, steel, cast iron, brass, and glass and weighed over 50 pounds. Shipping is three times as high now than it was back then. Hence my suggestion that you look for an enlarger within reasonable driving distance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree. Just looking on Craig's List there are great deals on darkroom equipment. People are selling off stuff like crazy at give away prices. I've seen Beseler and Omega 4x5 enlargers for well under $200, some as low as $100 with timers, cold light heads and other stuff.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin