Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,716   Online: 802

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Help with enlarger/printing

I recently got an Omega D2 enlarger. ran some test prints and discovered that light is not falling evenly across the paper. I tried aligning the enlarger, but the instructions are confusing. However, i did the best i could, but still does not seem to work. Attaching an image....
    any help would be appreciated
    thanks all
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scan001.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a D2 and DII. Depending on your exact model, you have either a variable condenser or a fixed condenser. You can tell them apart by looking at an area immediately below the lamp housing. If you have a rectangular door, about 3 1/2 by 7 inches, then you have a VC model. Otherwise, you have a fixed condenser model.

Either way, you have to have the right condenser or have it in the right position.

If you could tell me:
    1) if you have this door or not
    2) your film size
    3) your lens focal length

I could then tell you the right setting. It looks like light fall-off and this would be the first thing I'd check.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am using 35 mm negs with a 50 mm nikkor lens at f5.6.
    i have a variable condenser model
    i think i am missing the other lens... ? not sure....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    light fall off problem is solved, was missing the other lens (duh)..... however, focus is off in one corner of the image. I am thinking this must be an alignment problem... please advise.
    thank you

Shooter
    Large Format
    See the diagram on page 7 of this PDF for the correct placement of the condenser in the DV condenser head for a 50mm lens.

http://www.jollinger.com/photo/cam-c...d%20Dichro.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian C View Post
    See the diagram on page 7 of this PDF for the correct placement of the condenser in the DV condenser head for a 50mm lens.

http://www.jollinger.com/photo/cam-c...d%20Dichro.pdf
    i already did that... i had a print out of that manual, but apparently failed to read it properly.
    thank you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    another print scan and a neg scan for comparison. Am I expecting too much from my enlarger?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan002.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	585.8 KB 
ID:	51895

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	972.5 KB 
ID:	51896

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The difference in the two images you have posted is mainly contrast. This isn't a factor of the enlarger, but a factor of the filters you are using, exposure time, and to a lesser extent paper and developer.

I am too much of a newbie to this to offer the best suggestions - I'll leave that to others, but I have started to learn how to control contrast.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ah I see the tree on the right is fuzzy but the neg proves sharp trees should be everywhere.

Good test neg. tkamiya and I have experience adjusting DII, maybe we can walk you through adjusting...

Here's the last thread...

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/1...ml#post1337262
    Last edited by Bill Burk; 06-01-2012 at 05:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is your lens mounted on a lens turrett or a single lens mount?

The reason I ask is I have a D5 and use a lens turrett and even though my lens stage and base board are aligned there is enough wobble in my lens turrett to throw the alignment out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin