Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,189   Online: 1150

Shooter
    35mm

Need help in fair pricing 4 darkroom items

Noob need your opinion on approximate used price for the following:

Zone VI Compensation Enlarger Timer. --bought new then for $395.00

Zone VI Compensation Developing Timer. --bought new then for $365.00

Zone VI Variable Contact Cold Light Head for Beseler 4X5.-- bought new then $800.00

Critical Enlarging Focuser. --bought new then for $189.00

All these are my father inlaws darkroom stuff. He was a big leica guy back then but finally got sucked into the digital age of camera. He decided to sell most of his leica camera and lenses the past several years and wanted to know what is a fair price for the 4 items all in good working condition. I hate selling stuff myself but he asked for my help. Anyways, all these he purchased new back then. His last Zone VI catalog he kept was from 1989. And those were the prices he paid for it back then. I was trying for a couple of hours searching for someone who maybe selling similar stuff but no luck. Maybe one from ebay but it was a package with other stuff. Anyways, if you guys can help me out here I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks alot in advance. It seems like this is the board to go regarding these equipments.

nitely in Las Vegas NV USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ebay, completed listings. Welcome to apug.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It does not matter what you paid or that you purchased new. It is now a used item. Might be "like new" but that is not the same as "new".

Look for items that "Sold" will help. Listings that did not sell are of little help other than maybe the wrong price.

Good Luck.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    It does not matter what you paid or that you purchased new.
    Especially if it was 20+ years ago. Darkroom stuff is going for 10-20 percent of new or less on ebay, unless it is something especially scarce and desirable.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Moopheus View Post
    Especially if it was 20+ years ago. Darkroom stuff is going for 10-20 percent of new or less on ebay, unless it is something especially scarce and desirable.
    Except these four items are not part of the 10-20 percent formula. They have held onto a good percentage of their value.

You could put them on an auction site to get a market-bearing price.

Or put them up here for 2/3 new price. See if you get responses. Bump down the price once if no response.

If still no response, hang onto them 3 months and try again. Might be someone wanted them but didn't have the money right then...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Check eBay completed listings, as recommended, and keh.com. Also ask your father-in-law, or maybe someone here knows, if the enlarging timer can be separated from the cold-light head. I don't know how the Zone VI compensating enlarging timer worked, but on my Metrolux compensating timer, there is a probe that is installed in the head, and the timer needs to be plugged into it to work. The Metrolux probe is removable (with tools). I'm not sure about the Zone VI.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the quick response you guys. I will try Bill Burks advise and let my father in-law figure out the 2/3 prices of all 4 items--or up to where he is comfortable with. I may post an ad soon. Have a great week.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin