Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,230   Online: 796

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Jobo print drums - clips?

Hi,

I have Jobo 4202 print drum and planning to use it for 8x10 sheet films.

The drum came with two kind of clips:

Should I use wingless ones only or winged? And how are those clips supposed to insert into the drum?

8x10 sheets fits nicely on the drum even without clips, but I guess that wingless should be used to secure sheets?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jukka,

The clips fit into the tank by inserting the tank ridges along their slits. The ones with the wingies are for keeping prints/film vertically seperated during processing and the wingless ones are for keeping the prints/film horizontally seperated.

Thomas
    Thomas

No art passes our conscience in the way that film does, and goes directly to our feelings, deep down into the dark rooms of our souls.
    — Ingmar Bergman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Should I use wingless ones only or winged? And how are those clips supposed to insert into the drum?

8x10 sheets fits nicely on the drum even without clips, but I guess that wingless should be used to secure sheets?
    These are not needed to keep sheetfilm in place. Though, I find the wingless clips help guide the 8x10 film into the correct channels during the loading procedure.. I put two of the clips in place in the daylight. I put the clips up near the opening of the tube. However, after I load the film, I take the clips out. I have had the clips come loose and mess up the emulsion as they bounce around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, I'll try how drum works

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin