Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,752   Online: 1177

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Durst L1200 adjustment

In the process of doing a makeover in the darkroom, so have my an opportunity to pull the enlargers apart and do some maintainance. General cleaning and lubrication of the moving parts is complete, but I find I need to adjust the locking mechanism on the right hand side of the column. Looking under the covers, I see a chain & cog and a sliding plate for the lock.. However, I see no obvious way of adjusting the lock to prevent the head shooting up on the spring when the lamp housing is removed.

Any advice/tips on tightening things up ?

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    be carefull with this beast .it almost knocked me out once.this is one powerfullspring,and when it pulls the head up.your head is in danger!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's been a few years since I adjusted that lock when I got my enlarger. If I remember correctly, there are two adjustment screws where the sliding plate is attached to the clamping mechanism. They're accessible from the back, so you have to remove that big black cover. Once you see the mechanism it should be pretty obvious what's what.

I have the 1200 as does Ralph and others...if you have any questions consider writing to Jens Jensen at Durst USA. Jens is a wonderful source of information about the entire Durst line, and will most likely be able to help with any issues that you have. My advice is to little until you contact Jens and determine the correct actions to take.

Elliot

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin