Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,185   Online: 659

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Water Temperature Control Panels, what's the deal

They don't look cheap. This is the cheapest I could find:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ku=2790&is=REG

I have never used or seen one of these so let me get this straight. You hook your hot and cold to it, then set a fixed temp of say 70degrees, then turn it on and the water stays at that temp?

Images
    That's the hope. I think there is a range of compliance based upon water pressure, flow rates, inlet temperatures for hot and cold. Read the fine print to make sure it is what you think. If everything is perfect, they can work. YMMV
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hopefully. But if you run out of hot water to heat your cold water. Or if your cold water is hotter then the needed temp.

Somebody makes or made a simple human controlled device. It attached to your faucet with a well to stick the thermometer. You adjusted the two taps until the temp was right then you shut the device off. The only thing it provided was a shutoff so you didn't have to change the taps and the well. Around $20 or so?

Or you can look for used panels. They might need a rebuild to fix any leaks.

Or you look for other ways off getting the water you need.

All depends on how much water and why.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Water Temp control

I've used a leedal unit with dual water outlets for a long long time now. It' off by 2 degrees but I know that. It will save you loads of time in the darkroom. Leedal has been around forever and supports their products. You can also buy direct. Mine has never needed repair.
    Regards Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    These jobs are a "feel good" contraption, IMO, and are guarenteed to absorb a chunk of money. Now if it would actually automatically regulate the water temperature, it would be a different story.

I get just as good performance holding the thermometer under the stream and tweaking it until it stabilizes. Once stablized, the temp hardly varies until someone flushes the toilet.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with Alex, though my sink does have one, I do not use it since the temp of the water coming in is usually 70-75 F. If your water supply is lower and you do need to heat it, might consider a tank-less (on demand) water heater - some people do not like them, but a friend of mine has one in his barn and it can run for hours at the same temp.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This one the delta 25 looks to be set it and forget it temp control.

The reason behind investigating this is my household water is configured a bit strange. I have hot water coming via a water tank out back and a water pump, and a city line of cold water into the darkroom. It is extremely hard trying to get it stable..

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    where Mike and I live the water is in the neighborhood of 92f in the summer out of the faucet and what we need is a chiller for the water. I have a chiller that I plan to install this winter on the cold water line and if I can afford a blender faucet I will install it at that time.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Forgot Sean, you use rain water don't you. Is your hot water from a solar source? With the way your water is hooked up you might need some type of blender like Lee mentioned and then a heater if you need to have a specific temp.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    right now the house is electric hot water, tank cold water both pumped from the tank. I had a cold city line put in only for the darkroom water, but am feeding off the pump ho****er tank for the darkroom ho****er. So it's a combination of the two in the darkroom..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin