Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,279   Online: 950

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Help with Leitz V35

I was trying to follow these instructions http://photo.net/leica-rangefinders-forum/00J7MA to set the autofocus, but I don't understand what is meant by the "focus ring detent"

This is a new enlarger for me ... and I've gone through everything but the autofocus. I don't understand how it works so I don't understand how to calibrate it. Any guidance at all is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Phil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pstake View Post
    I was trying to follow these instructions http://photo.net/leica-rangefinders-forum/00J7MA to set the autofocus, but I don't understand what is meant by the "focus ring detent"

This is a new enlarger for me ... and I've gone through everything but the autofocus. I don't understand how it works so I don't understand how to calibrate it. Any guidance at all is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Phil
    No real 'claibration' per-say as I don't think the focus cams are interchangeable.
    You need to set the column to the height of your easel.
    Then, if it is not in focus, adjust the focus ring. When you do that the lens spins around. The knob #17 can release the lens to spin it back in front without changing the focus (this is the detent that is mentioned).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Phil,

Take a look at this website: http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/photo/v35.htm

Regards

Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    No real 'claibration' per-say as I don't think the focus cams are interchangeable.
    You need to set the column to the height of your easel.
    Then, if it is not in focus, adjust the focus ring. When you do that the lens spins around. The knob #17 can release the lens to spin it back in front without changing the focus (this is the detent that is mentioned).
    Thanks for this ... and thanks, Hans ... I had read that site thoroughly. I've attached a screenshot from it.

I'm not sure what "notch" these instructions refer to.

"Focus with the large helicoidal ring (15).
    If the ring is outside the notch, unscrew the knob (17) on it and turn the ring (15) while maintaining the lens (16) with the other hand until you reach the notch. Screw the knob (17) and check the focus again."

How do I identify the notch that the focus ring will or will not be outside of?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled 2 copy.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	52780

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I *think* what he's referring to is...

When you turn the focus ring it drops into a notch and kinda *stops* there but you can turn it further and it pops out and continues on its travel. Have a go turning the focus ring and hopefully you'll see what I mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I contacted Leica USA and, as always, their customer service was excellent.

I now have a .pdf of the manual — in English. If anyone stumbles on this thread and needs a copy, send me a pm with your email address and I'll send it. It's about 6.5mb.

moderators: is there a place on APUG to post this for future reference?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin