Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,938   Online: 994

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some of these methods have a problem. They are basically air tight, and will block air circulation. Since I hang a blanket that is porous to air over the door, and have the bathroom fan (Something I added to this old apartment, and made sure was light tight when I did.) there is air flow through the makeshift darkroom.

I do not think I would want to try and work in a darkroom with plastic over the windows and door, nor do I think weather stripping is a good idea. A sweaty, airtight, room filled with noxious fumes does not seem like a good place to work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I put velcro on the top of the door frame and above the window and down the sides of the window. I use the blue painters' tape to hold the places where the light would come in. Gaffers' tape can and will remove paint.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    graywolf is right about the air circulation. I never thought about that when I used the insulating stuff, probably because the apartment I had had forced air heating and a/c, and I usually wasn't in it for more than 3-5 hours at a time. If you have such a system, might be ok for you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    for my own darkroom i nailed 3 strong tacks (unnoticeable to a landlords eye) into the door frame. hoops on the curatins can hang from it and hey presto - instant darkroom curtian!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin