Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,016   Online: 666

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use the Ilford chemicals -Ilfosol 3 for developing and Rapid Fix for fix, and I just use water for my stop - 2 - 45 sec baths. As for times, if you peel the label on the chemical bottle, there's a list of time and temps to go by. Plus a really useful website is digitaltruth.com and go to the massive dev chart. It has all different film stocks with different developers and gives the developing times. Quite useful.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Have a read of the FAQ in my signature...

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seadrive View Post
    Actually, I don't think most people use an acid stop bath with film. I use two 45-second plain water rinses between the developer and the fixer.
    While a stop bath is optional, I would recommend it if you plan on using your fixer to capacity. It will prevent carry over of any developer into the fixer and extend its life. It can also improve process consistency as development will continue during the rinse, albeit at a reduced rate. But, as always, YMMV!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I second Polyglot, his FAQ link seems to be pretty awesome, just by skimming over it. It might answer a lot of your questions before you can even think of them Definitely check it out.
    Polyglot, great idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin