Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,415   Online: 1000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

color film in BTZS tubes???

Has anyone used the BTZS system to develop color negative film? If so, please give a little advise on using this system. If not, does anyone know if it would work with a heated bath for the tubes.

Thanks
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The C41 bleach step requires venting, it will pop the tank lid right off without it.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    The C41 bleach step requires venting, it will pop the tank lid right off without it.

Well, good idea I thought I had. I thought maybe someone had tried it. I don't see how it could be vented without messing the cap up.

Thanks
    Richard

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can use an old unicolor or Besstler 5X7 color drum for 4X5 and roll on the counter, a motor base is nice buy not required.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post
    You can use an old unicolor or Besstler 5X7 color drum for 4X5 and roll on the counter, a motor base is nice buy not required.
    How do you maintain (the critical for colour) temperature?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    How do you maintain (the critical for colour) temperature?
    When I first started color I used "float", started high and floated through the target. The idea was to get the average temp to equal the target temp.

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    When I first started color I used "float", started high and floated through the target. The idea was to get the average temp to equal the target temp.
    What made you (apparently) change methods? The crude nature of "float" temperature control, lack of consistent results and/or catastrophic failure(s)?

FWIW, I would never risk images to such a loose system as this. YMMV.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    What made you (apparently) change methods? The crude nature of "float" temperature control, lack of consistent results and/or catastrophic failure(s)?

FWIW, I would never risk images to such a loose system as this. YMMV.
    Actually it worked quite nicely.

Practical experimentation is highly valuable in understanding/learning.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Practical experimentation is highly valuable in understanding/learning.
    Exactly. If I hadn't ruined a dozen rolls when I started, I wouldn't be where I am today, able to consistently produce well-exposed and well-processed negatives.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Although I have not processed color in many years, just seem to be less grief and costley to have color process by pro lab at least for me, I would rinse the drum in hot water to bring the temp drum up the temp of the developer. Living in Arizona I would also let the room temp get up to around 80, it seemed to me that the drums are thick enough to keep the chem up to temp. Or in a large tub you might be able to float the drum and rotate without getting water in it. All of the reasons I send my color to a pro lab. In other times when I processed a lot of C41 and E 6 I used hard rubber tanks in a temp controlled bath with hangers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin