Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,953   Online: 1135

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Ilford Multigrade 500 head heat and colour filters

Hello,

I got problem with my Ilford Multigrade 500 head.
    I have to find somewhere new heat and colour filters.

All information I got are taken from manual.

It goes like this:
    Heat filters 2 30 x 15 x 2 mm thick heat absorbing glass
    Colour filters 1 25 x 25 x 1 mm thick
    Blue and green dichroic interference filter coating on glass substrate. Tempered for maximum stability. Cut-off frequencies are selected for optimum grade range with Ilford Ilfospeed Multigrade II paper.

Parts numbers:
    83425803 - heat filter
    83425802 - green filter
    83425801 - blue filter

Is it possible to buy the original parts somewhere?
    Maybe you know were?
    Can I order that somewhere?

I have find heat absorbing glass but it is too tick (3 mm).

Maybe some of these dichroic interference filter will be good:
    http://www.edmundoptics.com/optics/o...r-filters/1734

I understand that this is very important part of whole device so I can't be wrong about replacement.

I would be very grateful for any help.
    I can't work without those parts and I have to solve these somehow.
    Your help and support will be very welcome.

regards,
    Lukasz

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would not hesitate about Odyssey in UK. John sold me replacement heat and dichroic filters for my 500H when I refurbished mine a few years ago. Great service.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    I'm interested to know what kind of problem could develop with the filters. I have a Durst Pictograph that has some trouble achieving certain grades and I wonder if the filters are to blame; however, it has always been my understanding that dichroic filters never fade. Is this not the case?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In my case, one of the heat filters, and one dichroic filter, were mechanically broken, hence I needed to replace them. John, from Odyssey, mentioned that they do not fade, but I had not tried to verify this info elsewhere. I am satisfied with the range of grades I am getting from my 500H, and it has been relatively consistent for a decade, even having replaced one of the filters.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you for all suggestions.

I was just wondering if anybody has precise information about these dichroic interference filter used in Ilford head.

I have checked datasheet of few Ilford multigrade papers. I was mostly interested in spectral sensitivity but anyway I am not that good in physics to understand all of these.

I guess the one I have found would work just fine but instead of checking it myself I will contact Odyssey first.

thanks again,

regards,

Lukasz

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E76 View Post
    I have a Durst Pictograph that has some trouble achieving certain grades and I wonder if the filters are to blame.
    Grades 4 to 5 by any chance ?

I had a problem with not being able to get the harder grades with an LPL enlarger, changed the lamp, and the problem was solved. Now I have a Durst L1200, I replace the lamp in the dichro head on a fairly regular basis even if it looks OK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by szkodazecietuniema View Post
    Thank you for all suggestions.

I was just wondering if anybody has precise information about these dichroic interference filter used in Ilford head.

I have checked datasheet of few Ilford multigrade papers. I was mostly interested in spectral sensitivity but anyway I am not that good in physics to understand all of these.

I guess the one I have found would work just fine but instead of checking it myself I will contact Odyssey first.

thanks again,

regards,

Lukasz
    Ilford lists several types of dichroic filters for the multigrade paper in three groups:
    Durst, Dunco, Kaiser, Kienzle,Leitz, Lupo
    Kodak, Advena, Beseler, Chromega, De Vere,Fujimoto, IFf, Jobo, LPL, Omega, Paterson, Simmard, Vivitar
    Mopta
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Grades 4 to 5 by any chance ?

I had a problem with not being able to get the harder grades with an LPL enlarger, changed the lamp, and the problem was solved. Now I have a Durst L1200, I replace the lamp in the dichro head on a fairly regular basis even if it looks OK.
    It has trouble with grades 00 and 5. The problem was that the closed loop system would try to keep inserting filters more and more until it could not longer do so, and the motor would jam and throw and error. I always figured the detectors were to blame and I eventually recalibrated them, eliminating the jam, but I always had my doubts as to whether or not something else might be to blame.
    Last edited by E76; 07-07-2012 at 06:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin