Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,537   Online: 954

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While you are at it, can you implement an "UNDO" feature?
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kinect sounds like a lot of work. I'd just figure out which pixels represent the corners of your neg carrier mask and write a little bit of software that displays the mask scaled to fit that rectangle. There are lots of tiny arm-linux boards available cheap now, some of which have integrated LCD-driving electronics; try the beaglebone series or maybe the Raspberry Pi (though that's only HDMI out).

Don't forget that if you use a colour LCD, you get an extremely powerful multigrade tool that would allow you to apply different contrast to different parts of the scene. And if the LCD has enough contrast of its own, it can act as a precise shutter, which means the controller for it becomes your enlarger timer. Port some f/stop timer software (see my sig) to it and you have IMHO the ultimate darkroom tool. Making me jealous already just thinking about it.

One of those crappy $100 7" android tablets might be a good source of LCD and controller CPU.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I ordered a cheap 7" lcd + driver off the bay. You're right on with beaglebone or the like. Contrast ratio on the screen is supposedly 500:1, which is about as good as I can find. I'll have to do some testing to see what the actual ratio is once I get ahold of it.

Kinect would be for geek cred

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Got a link for that LCD?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mount it on springs and add a small motor with an off-centre weight to wobble it a bit and blur the edges.

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin