Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,709   Posts: 1,548,617   Online: 1111

Shooter
    Medium Format

Omega D5500 with Meduim format film

Hey guys,

I'm new here and it's nice to see people still doing photography, film and darkroom printing like myself. I do have a question regarding a Omega D5500 enlarger. I guess this only pertains to other memebers that are familier with this enlarger. The thing that I have to watch close is I have to trim my 120 very close to slide it in the condenser slot. the million dollar question is.. I'm I going about this the correct way?

Best Regards, ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    NO!

I do not have a D5500, but the film in every enlarger I have ever seen goes into a negative carrier below the head. What you are putting the film in is probably the filter slot. I think you ought to try and get hold of a manual for that D5500. And also pick of a book on Developing Printing and Enlarging from your local library.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG.

Have you seen KHB's page concerning this enlarger? http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/...nued/D5500.htm
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm new here and it's nice to see people still doing photography, film and darkroom printing like myself. I do have a question regarding a Omega D5500 enlarger. I guess this only pertains to other memebers that are familier with this enlarger. The thing that I have to watch close is I have to trim my 120 very close to slide it in the condenser slot. the million dollar question is.. I'm I going about this the correct way?

Best Regards, ToddB
    I have posted quite a few threads on the care and feeding of the D5500.

Your question is a little vague.

I think you might be asking about the fact that when putting negatives in the negative carrier, they can only hang out the front of the carrier. So 6x6cm film needs to be cut in strips no longer than about 4 frames, otherwise the middle frames may not be able to line up with the opening in the negative carrier.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin