Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,588   Online: 926

Shooter
    Medium Format

StopClock and US Customs?

I'm considering RH Designs' StopClock and would like to ask U.S. buyers what sort of customs payment they had to make. Thanks!

--Ben

Shooter
    Large Format
    We in US do not pay import duty on low cost personal use items such as this.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just a suggestion - make sure the analyser pro isn't what you want. It doesn't quite have the timer functions of stopclock, but it is an F-stop timer and it has the advantage of the analyser function. I considered both and went for the analyser pro, and love it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    None.

PS: When I got mine, it came with adapters for the power connections and instructions for hand wiring them for US electrical. Easy enough, but even easier was buying ready made adapters for a few bucks. I got mine at ALtex:

http://www.altex.com/Outlet-Saver-AC...3-P140400.aspx
    Last edited by David Brown; 07-13-2012 at 02:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format

That's Reassuring

Thanks to all who have replied—it's reassuring to know that there have not been customs charges.

I'll admit that the Analyser is tempting. But I've got more than one safelight and am accustomed to working with single filtration on my color head; as I understand it, that may make using the Analyser difficult.

--Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Make sure it's for the voltage you have.

Mine is the Stopclock Vario, with a circuit to alter the basic time unit according to the brightness of my cold light head. Works like a charm.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben 4 View Post
    Thanks to all who have replied—it's reassuring to know that there have not been customs charges.

I'll admit that the Analyser is tempting. But I've got more than one safelight and am accustomed to working with single filtration on my color head; as I understand it, that may make using the Analyser difficult.

--Ben
    Ben: what is your concern with multiple safelights? I control 2 safelights through my Stopclock Pro. All I did was wire up a duplex outlet fed from the safelight output of the Stopclock. No problem.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Medium Format

For The Record

As the original poster, I can now answer my own question: the StopClock I ordered last week arrived yesterday—no customs charges. It's all hooked up and ready to go for this weekend's printing adventures. Now I just need to learn the ins and outs of f-stop printing!

--Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin