Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,981   Online: 933

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not sure if it would be helpful because I am not 100% sure that I understand what you need to do but Scotch/3M makes a great removable tape....http://www.scotchbrand.com/wps/porta...gl28ZWQF5K1Cbl
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    3M Scotch strips, either in clear or invisible form. The stuff is pricey and generally fiddly to use without the dispenser. The foregoing posts mentioning mylar splicing tape or bonding would be the other good choices. You may need to experiment and not be hopeful of getting perfect results with the first option and keep trying.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I am simply butting 4 individual 4x5 negatives against one another to create a single 8x10 negative. To keep it straight in the negative carrier I would like to tape them together so they don't shift when I put the top glass on them.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Large Format
    Why are you using four sheets of 4x5 to make an 8x10? Just shoot an 8x10 and your problem will be solved.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    It would if I was trying to make a single image across the entire negative, but I am making a single quadtych image of the same scene in different lighting as time passes through the day. Individual 4x5 images were shot, but I plan on making a single print from all four at once.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Large Format
    Is there any good reason to not output this digitally?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Output it digitally? Well, besides the fact that the discussion of that would need to be taken elsewhere since this is APUG, you couldn't get an archival silver gelatin or alternative process print that way. Unless you were to scan and output a digital negative, that is. But then you'd lose some information that is available in the original sheet films, and it would be way harder than just taping together and contact printing the quadtych.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes, you're right - if all the op is aiming at is an archival b/w print. However, if the analogue process is essential to the appreciation of the work then why not embrace the analogue in all of its glorious imperfection, tape-marks and all?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Of course I could, but then I wouldn't be in my darkroom, I would be at my computer. I want to be in my darkroom. And this is C-41 film for RA-4 printing.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Why not print the 4 negatives, one at a time, on the same paper?

Make 4 masks with a black cardboard with the same size as the paper,
    and use one mask for each negative.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin